How much can you get in your Fiesta?

Metoo

Hi all,

We went to IKEA today and bought some new furniture.

We bought 2 double wardrobes (extra tall), one single wardrobe (also extra tall), six shelves, six basket draw thingys, one wooden draw thingy, 4 hanging rails. All this went into the Fiesta plus the two of us.

Last year we bought a full sized cement mixer on e bay, we fetched it home from Kent in the Fiesta, the womans face was a picture when she saw what car we had come in. Not only did it go in, we also closed the boot (properly) and then went and had a days shopping at Blue Water and some lunch while little Fiesta took care of cement mixer for us.

We have also managed to get a 2 seater Duresta sofa all the way to Nottingham.

What a cracking little car, can anyone beat this???

Just a bit of light hearted banter :wideeyed::biglaugh:

I got 17 sumo wrestlers, 4 great danes ( and there kennels ), 4 canoes, 48 community support officers, 8 full size tractor tyres, 12 giant redwoods and 11 Queen Anne chairs in my first car which was a metro van:unsure:

OK - I had a 2-dr Mark II. I levered the following into mine

a drum kit - kick, snare, two tom-toms, set of cymbals with stands, stool

a small PA system (two speakers with stands, plus amp and mixing desk)

a bass amp

a bass

a guitar

two mike stands (+mikes)

a slab of beer

and one groupie.

It was only a 1 litre engine so struggled up the hill to the gig.

A few years I upgraded to a 4-dr mk III Fiesta (it had a cassette player, the Mk II only had a radio). I got an extra couple of slabs of beer in that car. Good investment!

Ah but did you have a roof rack ?

Yep, and on that i got 6 African Elephants, 3 pallets of bricks, 16 plasma screens and a small island:biglaugh:

Continuing the previous band theme, I've carried a 32 channel sound mixer, 16 channels of radio microphones and receivers, a 30 metre 20 channel audio "snake", 3 boxes of microphone cables, 2 minidisk players, 5 mic stands and a fancy table with 2 long and 2 short legs that fits over the raked seating in a theatre.

My grown son can top this though. He once carried a 12 foot scaffold pole inside his Ford Ka. Unfortunately, about 4 feet of these were protruding through his windscreen (he forgot he'd sold his LWB Landrover). He was not a happy boy.

Bob

Continuing the previous band theme, I've carried a 32 channel sound mixer, 16 channels of radio microphones and receivers, a 30 metre 20 channel audio "snake", 3 boxes of microphone cables, 2 minidisk players, 5 mic stands and a fancy table with 2 long and 2 short legs that fits over the raked seating in a theatre.

My grown son can top this though. He once carried a 12 foot scaffold pole inside his Ford Ka. Unfortunately, about 4 feet of these were protruding through his windscreen (he forgot he'd sold his LWB Landrover). He was not a happy boy.

Bob

You could have a Ka jousting tournament!

Archived