state v family sponsorship help needed

the coyne family

Hi everyone, i wonder if anybody can answer a few questions for me on family /state sponsorship.

Because of the recent changes we only have 105 points so therefore have to apply for sponsorship.

My O,H has an uncle living in Sydney willing to sponsor us but we want to make the move to Perth W,A. Is this possible with family sponsorship?

At the moment state sponsorship is taking a long time were as with family sponsorship we could apply for our visa now. so in the long run what would be the quickest option for us.

Sorry i should have said oh is an electrician not on CSL on the SOL (at the moment) but is on the occupation in demand list for W,A.

Also does anyone know if you can submit an application for 176 visa with family sponsorship and change it to state sponsorship when that comes through ? or are we better off waiting to apply for the visa when we get state sponsorship ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As you can probably tell we are not using an agent so sorry if its a little muddled

maria x.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Maria

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

My O,H has an uncle living in Sydney willing to sponsor us but we want to make the move to Perth W,A. Is this possible with family sponsorship?

Yes, this is perfectly possible with a sc 176 visa. A Family sponsor can live anywhere in Oz with a sc 176 visa and the visa applicant can move to the other side of Oz, regardless of the Sponsor's whereabouts, plus the applicant can live in any of the major Cities in Oz on a sc 176 visa.

At the moment state sponsorship is taking a long time were as with family sponsorship we could apply for our visa now. so in the long run what would be the quickest option for us.

You CANNOT submit an application for your visa until you first receive a positive skills assessment from TRA. I've had a quick look through your previous posts, to find out what your OH's occupation is. If my memory serves me correctly, a few days ago you said that you were waiting for your TRA approval. Has that now arrived? If yes, well done!

However once you have the TRA approval, proceed to apply for a Family sponsored sc 176 visa immediately. That is by far the best thing you could do at the moment. Apply for WA State Sponsorship for a sc 176 as soon as you have applied for the visa - preferably on the same day!

Also does anyone know if you can submit an application for 176 visa with family sponsorship and change it to state sponsorship when that comes through ?

Yes you can make the switch later. DIAC do not charge anything extra when you make the switch and you do not have to complete any extra DIAC forms either. Proceed with a family sponsor as soon as you can and then dump the poor Uncle in favour of WA State Government sponsorship for the sc 176 as soon as WA send you an offer of State sponsorship from themselves.

or are we better off waiting to apply for the visa when we get state sponsorship ?

No! Please proceed with family sponsorship and then switch later on, as above.

As you can probably tell we are not using an agent so sorry if its a little muddled

You are not muddled, hun. You have explained everything really clearly and you are doing exceptionally well.

However, I do know of a definite way to get you thoroughly muddled once you are in Perth!!! Please see the website below:

J.B.O'Reillys Irish Pub and Restaurant Perth Western Australia

God! The new Home Page for St Patrick's Day on Wednesday suggests that you can eat a full English brekker and wash it down with Guinness at whatever time they open on Wednesday morning. Apart from the fact that the combination sounds revolting to me - especially for breakfast - I think there will be a lot of legless Irishmen and other hangers-on in Perth come Wednesday evening!!

Cheers

Gill

Question for Gollywobbler

If Marie's o/h is an electrician why has he done the TRA and not the VETASSES skills test? I thought it had been changed or am i just totally confused?

We are starting to get the paperwork ready for the VETASSES test ;-/

Dizzi

Thanks a million Gill your very kind to take the time to answer all my questions.

Your spot on about TRA wer still waiting, not very patiently I'm afraid i just can't wait to set the ball rolling.

My OH uncle just arrived in from Sydney today for paddies day so ill be grilling him tomorrow.

Thanks for the web site address my hubby will be trilled ,all ready have it saved to favourites. Although Guinness for breckie i don't think so ,I'm more of a vodka and coke girl LOL....

Thanks again and happy st patrick's day..

Hi Dizzi,

We had to apply to the TRA as we are applying from Ireland, i think we have to go through a different system when we are in oz as well, no doubt ill be back on asking lots of questions about that one in the not to distant future.

Don't worry your on the right path best of luck with your assessment.

Archived