Good stuff to do in or near Perth?

Guest LynzLove

Guest LynzLove

Hey!

Ive been looking through sites and stuff trying to find things to entertain my family who are coming over this August. I will be taking a look through the pomsinoz archive in a second, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions off-the-bat

We have two middle aged parents, who want to see Oz and would like to go on a couple of short coach trips, but also like to relax and take in the local scenery.

I also have a a 24 year old sister who is really a theme park type of person, but I know 'Adventure World' is closed in August. Anything 'fun' in the teenage-to-early-twenties sense would be good.

We aren't really into sports, but if there is something that you just have to do because you are in Oz, that would be cool, too!

We don't have an awful lot of money to spend, so any suggestions of cheap or free events in, near, or within maybe a couple of hours of Perth will be much appreciated if possible!

Have a look at this:

Welcome to Western Australia - Tourism Western Australia

We came back form Albany the 'scenic route' for my inlaws - the scenery consisted of trees, trees and more trees and added an extra 4 hours onto our journey.

Freemantle Prison is great, Caversham wildlife park Captain Cook wine cruises. No real theme parks other than adventure world this side of the country. Do remember that WA is very vast and often you have to travel a fair distance. Perth to Bussleton is about 3 hours drive (the underwater observatory is well worth a visit).

Archived