More Plumbing

Bod

Guest CantSurf

hey, im thinking about moving out to oz hopefully next year to spend more time with my bruv and would like some info about the plumbing ova there - just basics really like do they use osma gold etc? any info would be great for the mo

thanks

Mark

Hi ya John

You are a star!

Have got shippers coming round over next week or so and it has raised question of tools. l know they all have to be spotless and Sean has pretty much worked out whats worth taking etc but it has raised a pain in the bum query. Do we sent the tools out with all our other stuff before we go so that it arrives around the same time as us therefore not without it all for long after arrival but cant work here as no tools! or do we send them out with other stuff at same time as us so have to buy new tools to get by in Oz till they arrive a couple of months later - thats assuming he gets a job quickly once there.

thanks again

Lyn and Sean

Sorry if this is to late read post again. I would fly tools over it must be cheaper than buying.( I have spent aalot of money.) You'll need to buy new tools any way as there are diffrent tools for diffrent jobs.

I need a shovel as I have been doing alot of digging. Plumbers hear do the bloody lot they keep asking me am I really a plumber or having them on. As I don't fix roofs lay turf, Drive a bob cat or a digger, lay drains or any ground works. Ive told him them they are builders.

My boss thinks I,m an actor on Candid Camera and looks for cameras and reckons millions of Tv veiwers in England are sitting there laughing at him.

I am Enjoying it but it is diffrent but the bloody traffic into Brisbane is getting as bad as London. (I needed to maon)

Let me know when your over and I'll try to help as much as possible. And if your both close by we'll get together for a drink.

Good luck John

Sorry if this is to late read post again. I would fly tools over it must be cheaper than buying.( I have spent aalot of money.) You'll need to buy new tools any way as there are diffrent tools for diffrent jobs.

I need a shovel as I have been doing alot of digging. Plumbers hear do the bloody lot they keep asking me am I really a plumber or having them on. As I don't fix roofs lay turf, Drive a bob cat or a digger, lay drains or any ground works. Ive told him them they are builders.

My boss thinks I,m an actor on Candid Camera and looks for cameras and reckons millions of Tv veiwers in England are sitting there laughing at him.

I am Enjoying it but it is diffrent but the bloody traffic into Brisbane is getting as bad as London. (I needed to maon)

Let me know when your over and I'll try to help as much as possible. And if your both close by we'll get together for a drink.

Good luck John

thanks John, your help is really appreciated. When we came over in Jan/Feb the only place we came across traffic was in Brisbane (dont think even Sydney was as bad) so your moan is perfectly acceptable hehe.

Theres another thread running bout putting hand tools in luggage in hold which seems ok thing to do as long as you can get maximum baggage allowance so OH gonna sort through important ones and weigh them to see how much we could take that way. Other thread saying that power tools used on site have to have new lead with sealed plug on them now too.

Lyn and Sean

keep in touch

saying that power tools used on site have to have new lead with sealed plug on them now too.

Lyn and Sean

keep in touch

That should not be a problem getting lead changed over. Not sure if I mentioned to bring torch for Mapp gas same as in England. Don't bring pipe benders

When are you over and were you off to

John

Late night at the library

saying that power tools used on site have to have new lead with sealed plug on them now too.

Lyn and Sean

keep in touch

That should not be a problem getting lead changed over. Not sure if I mentioned to bring torch for Mapp gas same as in England. Don't bring pipe benders

When are you over and were you off to

John

Late night at the library

Were gonna give pipe benders to another plumber mate we know, Sean has been using plastic pipe as much as poss, copper only where necessary. Aiming to come over permanently in Jan with visit Oct time (although might be permanent then) somewhere around reedy creek probably but maybe bit more northern end of gold coast.

Lyn and Sean

Guest carolinejane

Hi there. I found these threads very interesting. We are a young family boys age 10 and 7, i am 34 oh 41. We will be emigrating in August. My partner is a plumber so will have alot in common with you guys. We live near Clacton on Sea, Essex and will be residing kawana/mooloolaba/mountain creek/buderim area :wub:and would love to hear from people heading over soon.

Guest egghead

hi caroline

we are hoping to head to that part of sunshine coast area too. my OH is a plumber and heating engineer, I'm a social worker. we would love to stay in touch. tried to pm you but couldn't get your profile up.

bec

Archived