Got qld ss, but now want sa??? Can it be done...help?

WAITINGGAME

Hi

Am just wondering if someone can help because me and OH head is in bits about moving to OZ (believe me this is not the first time and probably wont be the last).

Basically we got SS for QLD in November, but we are now moving towards thinking of trying for SA can this be done basically if we have already got SS for QLD? its just i think it will be better on the job front there and cheaper houses.???

Thanks for help, really dont know what to do.

I know about the changes to which will or might take effect in July.

Lindsey and Spencer :arghh:

Why not just stick with the offer you have now then once you arrive in oz then do the move, i here of many people move from state to state before the two years are up.

Proview

I know your not ment to do that and knowing me i would get bloody caught and shipped back with my bags.......

So stressful all this moving down under !

Arhhhhh

Thanks

I know your not ment to do that and knowing me i would get bloody caught and shipped back with my bags.......

So stressful all this moving down under !

Arhhhhh

Thanks

You cannot be shipped back if you move states. Once you get your 176 visa you have PR immediately. You should just stick with your Qld sponsorship and go out there and see if you like it and can get a job. If things don't work out in Qld then you could move.

i just thought you had to there in that state for 2 yrs? Just hard as well when you have kids to settle in school. Thanks for you response x

Hi Lindsey

From what I have heard you are allowed to move state if you can show that you have tried to get work but not been able to.

At least your application is in now, it would be a shame to have to wait longer due to waiting for SS from somewhere else!

Also you need to think about the SMP. No-one really knows yet if you would have to reapply to the state if you are on their SMP list or if they will just take you, perhaps wait a little longer to see what the lists brings and new priorities in June/July before rocking the boat?

At the end of the day only you can decide what is right for you and your family! Not that easy in the circumstances though hey!!!:goofy:

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi Lindsey

From what I have heard you are allowed to move state if you can show that you have tried to get work but not been able to.

At least your application is in now, it would be a shame to have to wait longer due to waiting for SS from somewhere else!

Also you need to think about the SMP. No-one really knows yet if you would have to reapply to the state if you are on their SMP list or if they will just take you, perhaps wait a little longer to see what the lists brings and new priorities in June/July before rocking the boat?

At the end of the day only you can decide what is right for you and your family! Not that easy in the circumstances though hey!!!:goofy:

Tasha:wubclub:

Just to clarify one thing you say. You do not have to prove anything-not even that you looked for work. Legally, there is no condition on a 176 visa about staying in the state that sponsored you. In your application you tell the state you will stay for 2 years but there is nothing legally enforceble about this. It is only the Federal government, not state governments, who can impose conditions on visas. There is a lot of misunderstanding of this--search on this website and you'll see a question on this about twice a week!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lindsey

There is no reason why you can't apply to SA for SS if you would prefer to go there. Lots of people get SS from one State and then they change their minds and decide that they want to move to a different State instead. So they get SS from the second State and move there instead in the end.

If you want to do everything strictly according to Policy then you certainly should apply to SA if you have decided - before the visa is granted - that you would prefer to move to SA.

Cheers

Gill

Archived