Hi!

Mhags

Well after a loooooong year waiting to hear, my OH has finally been offered a job in Melbourne. He has been working there for past 2/3 years and we are finally getting the chance to go out and join him!

I feel very calm, after a year of emotional ups and downs, it just feels right that it's finally going to happen.

We had a visit in October and had a great time and we are all very keen to come out to Australia. Hoping to come back out at Easter for a couple of weeks and we will have a look round at suburbs and schools.....a more serious visit this time.........hopefully weather will still be warm!

Kids are excited, we have a son who will be 15 in June, daughter just turned 13 and youngest girl is 10 tomorrow.

We have a dog and 2 cats to rehome but have people lined up. Not looking forward to saying goodbye to them.

We will be coming out on a 457 visa and wondering how long that's currently taking to process. We will have to sell house...so I have lots of painting and sprucing up to do. Will put it up for sale once I come back in April.

I have been mainly lurking on this site for a year, so it's nice to be finally posting properly!!

mhags

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to PIO and congratulations to your OH on his job offer. IT must have been hard being away from each other for so long, well I am glad that you can once again be together.

Good luck with everything.

Kate

Thanks for good wishes, currently taking a breather from lifting carpets and painting skirting boards :(

New carpets coming tomorrow to get fitted on Thursday. I am hoping to put house up for sale next week and we are coming out to Melbourne in less than a fortnight for a few weeks ,so trying to get everything done before I go. Feeling ever so slightly stressed but will get there! Ideally house will sell when we are away.........not likely I know but I can dream!

Anyway back to the carpet !

Mhags

Guest pablofet1

We applied for our 457 nearly 3 weeks back.

A week after applying we received an email to tell us the application is progressing and that they aim to process within 28 days the email also said that if any further info is required we will be contacted by our case officer.......no contact yet! Hopefully they have all the info they need.

Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????</SPAN>

If you have a look at the link to the thread above you will see that someone today has been granted their 457 in just 2 weeks.

Good luck with all the decorating and i hope you sell quickly.

Mel:biggrin:

Well after a loooooong year waiting to hear, my OH has finally been offered a job in Melbourne. He has been working there for past 2/3 years and we are finally getting the chance to go out and join him!

I feel very calm, after a year of emotional ups and downs, it just feels right that it's finally going to happen.

We had a visit in October and had a great time and we are all very keen to come out to Australia. Hoping to come back out at Easter for a couple of weeks and we will have a look round at suburbs and schools.....a more serious visit this time.........hopefully weather will still be warm!

Kids are excited, we have a son who will be 15 in June, daughter just turned 13 and youngest girl is 10 tomorrow.

We have a dog and 2 cats to rehome but have people lined up. Not looking forward to saying goodbye to them.

We will be coming out on a 457 visa and wondering how long that's currently taking to process. We will have to sell house...so I have lots of painting and sprucing up to do. Will put it up for sale once I come back in April.

I have been mainly lurking on this site for a year, so it's nice to be finally posting properly!!

mhags

You're a good kid, Charlie Brownicon14.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

quick update, on week 2 of our 3 week trip. Enjoying the weather although not much sun today but still lovely and warm!

What is the general concensus of Fern Tree Gully and surrounding towns as a place to settle?

Have been out that way a couple of times and have found some secondary schools for older 2 kids.

Love being at the beach but not sure we could afford to live there!

Finding it a lot more expensive to eat out and shop than back home. I am an ardent bargain hunter at home and don't know if I'll be able to do that out here!! Will be stocking up at Primark before we come out and on our visits home!

I have a bit of a fear of encountering snakes and spiders.....but was told the other day, get over it , it's a way of life! Still don't want to see one though!

House is up for sale back home, sitting perfectly.......wait till we get home with 3 weeks washing!

Becoming more of a reality for me being here and hopefully if visa goes okay we could be out here by August !.....just in time for Ozzie winter!

hi there glad your enjoying your trip xxx i am unsure about fern tree gully as i am further down in frankston x

and i hope your house sells soon x

i wish i had stocked up in primark although i have a list i will be sending home xxx

keep us up to date with your plans

love carole x

Archived