Skills evidence to attach to application

zoe1922

Hi,

Just a quickie.

I am just about to send off my online visa application so I'm just checking what documents I will have to attach to it.

I'm a bit confused about what evidence I will have to attach regarding my skills assessment. Obviously they will want a copy of my qualifications and my positive skills assessment letter but am I right in thinking they want copies of all of my evidence that I sent to the TRA when I had my skills assessed too???

The DIAC website is a nightmare as it seems to contradict itself all the time:arghh:

If I have to attach all of the skills assessment evidence too we're talking about 500 pages!!

Guest rufndtuf

if it is about 500 odd pages then pak them intto few 50 odd files in a format that fits (example- PDF files) so you can upload them easily..

say if you have a dozen of your grad mark lists then scan them and fix them all to gether into one single PDF file

similarily all of your work related documents into one single file/ if you were working for dfferent companys at different times then to differentiate it fix them in a seperatee or another file..

that will surely cut short the number of pages.. sorry for my poor english.. if you haven't understood that, then pls write back so some one who did! may explaint it well ;)

goodluck.

i doubt it, just send them a copy of your Skills assesment, you got from the TRA, and a copy of your qualifactions, i doubt you even need to send that, the Skills assesment you got from the TRA, shows that you have been assessed?, i wouldnt waste my time sending all that stuff again, im sure if they want it, then you can send it.

Just keep it simple?

Hello, everyone . I'm new to the forum and have a million ??. We're at the start of all this migrtion thingy stuff and i qualify on the skilled visa under 4121.11 gerneral fabrication engineering tradesperson. Now i learnt my trade in Germany where i worked for 18 years prior to returning to the UK last year( i know .....i know ). Just how much information do the TRA expect to recieve ? I have a reference from my former employer, but from what i understand it does not go into anywhere near the detail needed. Getting any more detailed info would be very problematic for me . Help!!!!:arghh:

Thats what i was thinking Zoe, sounds stooooooopid to me!!, i would just send them the Skills assessment and a copy of your qualifacation first, or just contact them and ask them what they want?

Enough for them to be able to judge that your a Tradesman Mbdd, ie trade certificates from governing bodies, training instutions, employment details, details of the type of work you engaged in, types of tools and machines used, eg, Pressbrakes, Guiliotenes etc, in your case, metals used, welding processess etc.

Thanx Robc , as i had all my German vocational certificates and my trade pass translated prior to returning to the UK, and have had them converted by the UK naric body i hope they will be enough. The works ref. i recieved details how long i was employed my abilities but not the types of machinery or scope of the various jobs involved . Can i write this my self ?, and how should this be proven?.

Thats great so :) , one less thing to worry about, and your trade cert from over there, is probably worth more, than what you would recive in the UK, i think the EU training standards are higher than in the UK? , so you need to get certified copies of these trade papers, so a good quality photocopys of all your trade and training related paper work, bring them to a Noraty or Solicisiter and get the certified as" true certified copies", stamped and signed :) , take a look at the TRA website, download and compleate the Skills assesment form, try to gather as much possable info, relating to the structure of your apprenticeship, and how it was delivered, ie, training, workshop and classroom . You can at the end of the TRA assessment form, fill in a page, relating to everything you have done in the trade, ie machines used, hand tools used, daily duties, welding, Tig, Mig, Gas , Arc , metals used, fabraction methods, polishing, sanding etc, just nail everything on the head relating to the trade, marking out, site work blah blah!!

Download the Skills assessment form first, and start filling it out, DO READ THE FIRST 3 PAGES, as this contains all the requirements needeed to meet the TRA assessment, and the required paperwork.

They must be able to make a decision on weather you are of the same standard of training as an ozzie tradesman, with the info YOU provide

As you have trained and worked in Germany, im sure you will have no problems meeting that standard, Kruats are a fairly sharp bunch !! LOL!!

It may be best to re-write your reference to included all the above mentioned areas, and more, send it to one of the people in the office in Germany, get them to re-write it on there headed paper, and return a copy to you :)

Thanks for your replies.

What on earth do they want copies of everything again for though? It seems like they don't trust the TRA to do the assessment.:huh:

The DIAC does trusts nobody and they sometimes undertake random 'integrity checks' on the supporting documents submitted to assessing authorities.

Guest Rob c

So if they do random checks, im sure they would ask you to present the information on request?, or they would contact the TRA or Vetasses, and ask them for the supporting documentation that you have already supplied?, Sounds crazy to have to present the same info for a second time, when one organisition in Aus has all your info, and already has assessed you?, is that not the whole purpose of the TRA or Vetasses, to vet and screen you, to see if your eligable for a Visa applaction?

Sounds like a right Circus to me :), im no immigration adviser, but you would think common sence would be used?

Guest Mary Cockerill

Hi MDBB

In order to obtain a positive TRA assessment you have to provide sufficient evidence 'at time of application' to confirm you meet the critieria. Did you do a formal apprenticeship?

In addition to all relevant certification and detailed work references you have to provide a 'thesis' on how to learned to do what you do.

When I am preparing TRA assessments for my clients I get them to look at it like this

On day 1 on the job.... did you know as much as you did on the last day of your training.... obviously the answer is NO... so by working with my clients I get a full history of how they became 'qualified'.

You have to write about the tools you use, what they are for, how they are used, where they are used.

It is an incredibly important part of the assessment.

The references are quite important too, but the 'thesis' can be done as a sworn affidavit and you can state the facts about post qulification work history. Where ever possible you should try and get detailed work references.

Any document not in English must have an official translation done.

Regards Mary

Guest Mary Cockerill

Hi Rob C

I am an immigration agent and when I am lodging applications for my clients I attach all the relevant documentation. It is not necessary to submit and drawings, calculations etc, but all trade/qualification related documents.

DIAC will not contact TRA or any other assessing body for documentation.

You should attached the qualification assessment, your trade certificates, marks sheet and your detailed CV / work history and references etc.

Once the application is active the case officer will review what has been attached to the application and if they require additional information they will ask for it.

Regards

Mary

Guest Rob c
Hi Rob C

I am an immigration agent and when I am lodging applications for my clients I attach all the relevant documentation. It is not necessary to submit and drawings, calculations etc, but all trade/qualification related documents.

DIAC will not contact TRA or any other assessing body for documentation.

You should attached the qualification assessment, your trade certificates, marks sheet and your detailed CV / work history and references etc.

Once the application is active the case officer will review what has been attached to the application and if they require additional information they will ask for it.

Regards

Mary

So in fact a few documents is all you need to present? , TRA Assessment , Trade certs and a CV and References :), that sounds fairly straight forward to me :), and as you stated, if they require more info, they will contact you?

Guest Gollywobbler
So in fact a few documents is all you need to present? , TRA Assessment , Trade certs and a CV and References :), that sounds fairly straight forward to me :), and as you stated, if they require more info, they will contact you?

Hi Rob c

Mary Cockerill is not a Registered Migration Agent. She is an unregistered agent who works in South Africa. South Africa is considered to be a High Risk country by DIAC.

The UK is considered to be a Low Risk country and somebody with a British passport is deemed to be a Low Risk applicant.

The trouble with a forum like Poms in Oz is that to do the job of advising somebody really thoroughly and carefully, one needs to know where the person asking the question is from because that makes a lot of difference to the information that DIAC normally require.

I've never seen anything to suggest that a British client is supposed to send 500 pages of supporting information to DIAC in order to show DIAC that the person's TRA assessment is genuine. It might well be the norm in South Africa, but I am not remotely persuaded of the idea that somebody who does not live in South Africa and is not South African - which is at least 99% of the members on Poms in Oz - needs a crash course about what the norms are if one is dealing with a South African client, myself.

Cheers

Gil

Guest Rob c
Hi Rob c

Mary Cockerill is not a Registered Migration Agent. She is an unregistered agent who works in South Africa. South Africa is considered to be a High Risk country by DIAC.

The UK is considered to be a Low Risk country and somebody with a British passport is deemed to be a Low Risk applicant.

The trouble with a forum like Poms in Oz is that to do the job of advising somebody really thoroughly and carefully, one needs to know where the person asking the question is from because that makes a lot of difference to the information that DIAC normally require.

I've never seen anything to suggest that a British client is supposed to send 500 pages of supporting information to DIAC in order to show DIAC that the person's TRA assessment is genuine. It might well be the norm in South Africa, but I am not remotely persuaded of the idea that somebody who does not live in South Africa and is not South African - which is at least 99% of the members on Poms in Oz - needs a crash course about what the norms are if one is dealing with a South African client, myself.

Cheers

Gil

True Gil, anyone from anywhere in the world can post on this thing!! , suppose other people from other countries, may have different experinces with DIAC and the whole process, not that its made easy for any of us lot here!!!, thanks for pointing that out :)

I thought that sounded daft alright, sounds like a nightmare sending off all that crap again!! , so Gil it sounds like they have different strokes for different folks, as the UK and i presume Ireland are Low Risk, what does that mean?, why would South Africa be a High Risk country?, most saffas i meet are fine, black and white.

Archived