Question on medical before case officer

Middlecat

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I have been allocated a case officer today as I have received an email from a CO and my online status has changed to app being processed further (also all docs except med and police checks have moved to met).

The email from the CO includes a reference number to include when contacting them. Part of the email relates to the medical and provides instructions on how to do it. It says:

Before attending a health examination applicants need to:

1. Print off the required numbers of forms 26 and/or 160 to present to the panel doctor and

radiologist; and

2. Complete the “Office use only” box to indicate:

● the visa class applied for: VE 175

● the file reference number Bxxxxxxxxxxxxx

● the ICSE Request ID number 211xxxxxxxx

The problem I have is I had my medical done 2 weeks ago. These codes weren't included on the form and I haven't completed the office use only section as I had it done before a CO was allocated.

Is this likely to cause a problem?

Should I send a PLE?

Thanks,

Dean

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dean

It should not cause a problem. The Health Operations Centre is where the meds go to, in Sydney. According to the Aussie Auditor-General, the HOC are so chaotic that they simply process any medical files that turn up.....

http://www.anao.gov.au/uploads/documents/2006-07_Audit_Report_37.pdf

It is possible to e-mail the HOC.

Health Operations Centre

Presumably your Panel Doctor did have the brains to send your visa meds to Sydney and not to London? If the meds went to London by mistake, they will eventually get to Sydney but it usually adds about a month to the proceedings because the meds file takes time to get from London, to Canberra, to Sydney.

I would suggest that you ring the Panel Doctor's dragons and just make sure that the meds were sent direct to Sydney, plus find out how they were sent.

Then e-mail the HOC. Shout "British Pharmacist" so that the HOC will realise that you are on the CSL and must be treated both urgently and seriously. Explain the missing bits and ask them to confirm that they have received your family's meds files safely, that they have been processed and that the HOC have studied the ICSE database and have matched the meds to your visa application.

There is a proper e-mail address if you read the British Expats thread about this:

Health Operations Centre -Update : British Expat Discussion Forum

If you can't be bothered to wade through the thread, the on-line form will do just as well.

I suggest that you find out what is happening from the HOC first. Then e-mail the Team dealing with your visa application and confirm the situation to them. Everything should go onto the ICSE database. That is the "bible" which all DIAC visa processing officers can access, including the people at the HOC.

Cheers

Gill

Archived