Quarantine Inspection costs and shipping quotes

Guest laulau

Hello!

Is it worth having the AQIS costs included in the quote from the shipping companies?

I've been told that there is no way of knowing how much you will get charged for, which is why most shipping companies don't include it.:unsure:

I've been told that AQIS costs can range from $150 - $600....

Crown seem to be the only shipping agent I've come across who have included it in their quote.

Is it worth having it included? What do you think?

thanks in advance!

laulau

Hi laulau,

When you say AQIS costs do you mean import permit? The import permit is very simple to get if you go to the website

www.daffa.gov.au/aqis/import/general-info/fees-charges/schedule-permit-applications it will tell you exactly how much it will cost you for the import permit. Just scroll down to Live Animal (Cat and Dog) import application fee. Cost depends on whether you do an elodgment or manual. It cost us, $325.

If you want general information about importing your dog go to www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs.

Our dog is joining us in 1 1/2 weeks (counting down). She has to be quarantined for thirty days in Sydney. Then we are flying her to Perth. We were billed 10 days after she arrived. The bill came in the mail. Our total costs were $1386 AUD for her quarantine. The cost of quarantine went up it is now $39 per day then you have to add the cost of the vet inspection at the quarantine station, pickup from the airport etc.

I can't help you with shipping costs since we did everything ourselves to keep our costs down.

Hope this helps :)

• 4 months later...
Guest jibbitson

Hi Laulau,

you will find very thing you need to know at AQIS website but just be sure you have your paper work right as both UK and Australia does not have Rabies so there for they are strict on paperwork and have all the right things done you can do it yourself but it is a lot of work and time but you will save money but to be honest not that much its up to you if to feel you can do it go for it!!

jane

Archived