validation time

hillyman

Hi all,can anyone confirm for me how long i have to validate my 457 visa once i recieve

it, iv'e read on here that it is 4 weeks surely this can't be right i need to serve a 8 weeks

notice but i don't want to hand my notice in until i get my visa which should be anytime know.

Thanks.

Paulaxx

Guest guest36187

Your time to use your visa is really determined by your employer. EG: Your visa is granted today. If your employer expects you to start say, 1 April.......there you go!

I came over on a 457 5 years ago, mine took a while due to changes in paperwork from the QNC. The people I was working for wanted to get an emergency visa to get me over prior to granting!!! At the time I said no as it meant me being here for three months alone and spending Chrissy in OZ alone!

I am pretty sure that there is no validation period with a 457

Hi oz2512, and thank you very much for your reply, i'm also a nurse going to brisbane,my sponsor says i could take until december this year to start work so does this mean that once visa is granted i have until this time to validate.

many thanks.

Paulaxx

Guest guest36187

The only thing I know about the Mater is that my friend Susie had her baby there and said it was great!

Life in Brizzy is great. All depends what you are looking for in life! It ticked all our boxes and then some when we moved 5 years ago.

We still love it here and drive around smiling to ourselves.......still!!!

Your time to use your visa is really determined by your employer. EG: Your visa is granted today. If your employer expects you to start say, 1 April.......there you go!

I came over on a 457 5 years ago, mine took a while due to changes in paperwork from the QNC. The people I was working for wanted to get an emergency visa to get me over prior to granting!!! At the time I said no as it meant me being here for three months alone and spending Chrissy in OZ alone!

I am pretty sure that there is no validation period with a 457

The main criteria is you cant enter oz until 4 weeks till you are about tostart employment , that is the maximum time , could land at 7 am and start work at 8 if you so wish lol

Archived