Any one used nursing agencies?

tuckerfa

Good evening/morning everyone.

Has anybody used one of the many nursing agencies you see advertised in the nursing press like the RCN Bulletin?

They seem to offer some great packages. Job straight away, meet you at the airport, free accomodation(1st few weeks), assistance with visas and registration, flights paid for, help with spouces job etc etc etc.

Are they really as good as they seem?

We are definatley going to get the ball rolling this next week. Going it alone seems to be a pain in the backside (pick the wrong form, send the wrong bit of paper and $1000 later you start again). Agents seem expensive, so, it leaves these nursing people. I know that you may have to be tied to them for a bit and/or go where they say, but what's it really like?

I'm sure there are plenty of nurses out there that have used them, so come on spill the beans.

Best wishes

The Tuckers

I didn't use an agency. I applied to the ANMC first for a skills assessment, then applied for 136 visa which gives you PR.

I approached hospitals directly and some asked me if I wanted sponsorship (which I didn't). I didn't choose sponsorship because if I didn't like the place or the job I was tied for a couple of years - but it's certainly worth checking out

Good luck with the application.

Ali

Guest The "Biscuits"

Hi

austra health and octopussy are in the bulletin I contacted both of them recently and octopussy said to contact them when I arrived in OZ and austra health have been brilliant, they gave me a telephone interview at 11pm and have arranged an interview in Leeds next month with the Epworth Hospital. They also gave me a verbal job offer with their agency if the Epworth didn't work out for me.

However as we require a Perm Visa we are not taking their package that they offer in the bulletin, I know this is a quicker route but for our own reasons we want the perm res before we depart UK. Hope this helps

Guest Oscar 202

Hi Biscuit,

Both hubby and myself also have an interview with Epworth next month and the agency have been great - I have been reading what you all have been saying about PR - but can anyone out there give us some advice as we also would prefer to have PR prior to leaving UK but by the way we read things it appears sponsorship our best option initially (due to age limit being 45 on most visas) and we both over that by 1 & 2 years

Good Luck with the interview in Leeds and keep us in touch - ours in Edinburgh oon 18th June

Anne & Colin

Guest The "Biscuits"

Thanx everyone for the well wishes.

Anne and Colin, good luck with yours on 18th, if you get a chance let me know how it went, have you got the list of interview quesions yet? if not I will e-mail them to you, I have been dealing with Kate and found her very helpful.

The age thing is a pain I agree, as my hubby is 46 and we have not been able to use his skills for this process, we therefore had to wait until I had been qualified long enough to apply for the Per visa.

But where theres a will theres a way.

Debbie

Guest hawshill

hi there

just thought id tell you about my story.

we entered into an agreement with australian visa bureau. its cost us a bit but worth every penny. started applying for permenant residency visa in mid oct last year. our case worker is great available most of the time either by phone or email. a lot of the forms got changed as we applied and as a result she ammended them on our behalf. she has guided us through it all. its now end of may and just sent off medicals and police checks. should nt be long now before we have the ok. with regards to nursing my skills have already been assessed by the ANMC and have just applied for my registration with the queensland nursing council. got a job interview straight away with queensland health its in manchester on 26th june for permenant job. they seem to offer a really good package. worked out that i would probably be on more money in oz than i would over here as an e grade. its definately worth doing it our way if you can wait. if anybody wants help then just let me know.

Pam x :jiggy:

Someone said at work the other day that they're going to be looking at state wide registration so you can work anywhere and not have to register with each nursing board - makes alot of sense to me.

Ali

Archived