time limit?

mrsb

Does anyone know if there is a time limit from when the visa is granted to actually getting to Oz? We are going to Oz for a holiday at the end of july and hope to get the ball rolling when we get back in august but if it's ging to take up to 4 months for the visa to be granted would we be better starting the process now? Then it's one less thing to worry about when we get back and we can concentrate on other things and be free to leave when we're ready.

I'm applying for visa 47SP subclass 309/100

Guest siamsusie
Does anyone know if there is a time limit from when the visa is granted to actually getting to Oz? We are going to Oz for a holiday at the end of july and hope to get the ball rolling when we get back in august but if it's ging to take up to 4 months for the visa to be granted would we be better starting the process now? Then it's one less thing to worry about when we get back and we can concentrate on other things and be free to leave when we're ready.

I'm applying for visa 47SP subclass 309/100

Hi Mrs B. Is it for yourself that you are applying for a 47SP? If you applying off shore, dependant on the situation it can take as little as 5 days -4 months.... Has your partner got pr/citizenship pls?

Guest siamsusie

Yes, it's for me, my husband is australian and we have been married 6 years, together for 7 and have 2 children, 5 1/2 and nearly 3.
apologies Mrs B I misread your post. I will look at my paperwork for you but hopefully someone can pick this up for you:wubclub: srp Colin is around I am sure he will know for you.

Guest Guest31881

Hi Mrs B

Once your visa is granted to have to validate it, normally within 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks, Once you have validated the visa it is valid for 5yrs (from issue) for you to enter and leave Australia as you wish. After 5 yrs you would need either a RRV (residents return visa) or citizenship. If you are applying in UK the application can be very quick for a spouse visa. Mine took 10 days from submitting to granted.

Guest Guest31881
Sorry to seem dumb, but what do you mean by validate the visa?

When you are issued with a visa you have a date that you must enter australia by.... this is the validation, so you need to visit Australia and then you can come home. If you get your visa before your holiday in July, you could use that to validate the visa, and then enter anytime after that for migration.

Sending you a PM :jiggy:

Archived