Which visa for a new graduate Nurse

Cherries

Hi All,

this is very early for me in posting this but any advice would be really appreciated.

Me and my OH have wanted to emigrate to Australia for a few years but we didnt have the skills required, so.... I am half way through an Access course which gives me the qualifications needed to start University so that I can train for Adult Nursing, I had my interview at Uni 2 weeks ago and I was so chuffed as I managed to get in. I start in September and this will be for 3 long, long years !!

I have read that once I am qualified I could have the option of a 'Graduate Post' in Australia, providing I'm accepted by the hospital etc etc.

The information I read was very vague so I wasnt :unsure: sure which visa I would be able to apply for. I will be 43 when I finish at University and my 2 girls will be 15 and 17 (they are so excited about going too... just need to keep it up for next few years with them !!)

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks,

Debbie

Hi All,

this is very early for me in posting this but any advice would be really appreciated.

Me and my OH have wanted to emigrate to Australia for a few years but we didnt have the skills required, so.... I am half way through an Access course which gives me the qualifications needed to start University so that I can train for Adult Nursing, I had my interview at Uni 2 weeks ago and I was so chuffed as I managed to get in. I start in September and this will be for 3 long, long years !!

I have read that once I am qualified I could have the option of a 'Graduate Post' in Australia, providing I'm accepted by the hospital etc etc.

The information I read was very vague so I wasnt :unsure: sure which visa I would be able to apply for. I will be 43 when I finish at University and my 2 girls will be 15 and 17 (they are so excited about going too... just need to keep it up for next few years with them !!)

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks,

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Im a newly qualified midwife over here to do the graduate programe, I have been sponsored by a hospital on a 457 visa. I would go to any information expo's that you can find as there is always nursing staff to give you all the info that you need. If you get the hospital to sponsor you then they apply for your visa, but they dont pay for it and it can be expensive. You also have to complete the IELTS test to get your registration. Hope this helps, good luck. If there is anything else that I can help you with just give me a shout.

Beth x

Thanks Beth, gives me food for thought.... is there a general website to instigate the whole process or is it a case of finding the individual hospitals and applying ?? We will no doubt get off to some Expo's a little nearer the time... The waiting of 3 and a half years seems such a long time off, i just hope that when the time comes we will not be faced with any problems, we have wanted this for so long.

How are you finding it then? midwifery in Oz, are you enjoying it as much as the UK???

Archived