Next step on the 309 visa

nik_kershaw

Hi everyone, i am currently on a 309 visa that expires in April, now what actually happens, do I have to become a PR before that date or is my status changed automatically or do I get a visit from the Immagration dept? I haven't got a clue.

Cheers guys, I'm sure other people who have been in my shoes know what to do

Guest Guest31881

I beleive that imigration will contact you and inform you what forms they need doing a few weeks before your visa expires, Providing you have kept them informed of your address. If you do not hear anything or you have changed your address then give them a ring for information.

Guest Taytoconnorrs

I'm in the same boat so I'd really curious too. Mine expires in October and we are still living with the mother in law and I still haven't secured work. Yikes.

Someone? Anybdy

Guest Taytoconnorrs

I found this in the archives

"I was contacted approximatley 2 months before "tempory" defacto visa ran out.

I then supplied things like travel documnets,rental agreements, photos etc. (the same sort of stuff you probably originally sent in) just for the preceding 2 years and sent it in. I was granted my full PR within a week no questions asked."

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/33931-2nd-stage-spouse-de-facto-visa.html

Archived