Places close to Roma Street (e.g. Milton)

Guest breadback

Guest breadback

I work near Roma Street station and I'm looking for an apartment for my fiancee and I. We are a young couple and like restaurants, cinema and relaxing in the sun. I don't want to travel for a long time each day. I'm happy travelling 25-30 mins door-to-door - whether that be getting the train or walking.

We will be requiring a 2-bedroom rented accomodation and we would like a balcony. We have been thinking about Milton as it has a train station, and looks close enough to walk if I fancy it. Is Milton a decent area? Are there restaurants or bars there?

Our budget is $300-400 per week, although I would prefer closer to $350.

Can you recommend any other areas that we should consider?

I used to work in Milton and I think it's a nice area. Been to a few friends houses around there, but the rent they were paying would be been slightly more than that.

Park Road is where most of the pubs and restaurants are. Living in Milton, you would also be near to Caxton Street where there are plenty of pubs and restaurants. Also Paddington is near there too, all within walking distance.

Myself I'm living in Auchenflower, which is only one more suburb out and is still only two stops on the train. I like it in Auchenflower as it's quiet and the rent isn't too expensive, but stilll withing easy reach of the city, Milton, Toowong and the river.

Archived