URGENT, any info please.

z&p

Hi,

I wondered if anyone can shed some light please.

We applied for a visa on 7/4/09 I am a nurse so on the CSL. Everything has been changed to met/finalised on the 7th and 15th December09, except the issue of dependency/form 47 for my 23 year old son who is presently at university and very much dependent!

My question is are we likley to get a visa ? Am I right in thinking that if they turned him (my son) down they could still issue one to myself husband and daughter?

My urgency with this is that my husband has the chance of a severence package from a secure job, that could make things a whole lot more comfortable if we move.

However he must give a decision by 21/1/10.

If he took the package and we didn't get a visa, he would have given up a secure and relatively well paid job which is not ideal in the present climate.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks

A 23 year old son still in full time education should satisfy the dependency requirements. If he didn't satisfy the requirements (and as I say, IMHO he does), then there would be opportunity to take him off the visa. But either way it is looking a bit tight for the 21st now.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi z&p

Why don't you phone Adelaide ASPC later tonight to explain that you are a nurse so they ought to get a move on anyway plus tell them about the severance offer?

They might get someone on to your file right away if you do that?

Cheers

Gill

Guest needingtogo

How did you get on? We are also still waiting for or Visa from the same CO. Does anybody know if there is a time limit from getting a CO to visa grant for a 176 CSL visa or process for complaining?

Bex.x

Hi,

I am interested in moving to Australia as a nurse. But I'm not sure where to start.

I worked as a registered nurse in Malaysia from 1993 to 2004 in Malaysia. After that, I moved to the academic line and am currently work as a nursing lecturer in a private university in Malaysia too.

I'm not sure what I should do first. Do I have to go back to nursing practice (my license in Malaysia is still valid, I renew it every year as I do need it when I take my students for clinical supervision in hospitals). If yes, for how long do I have to work before I can start my process to move to Australia?

I'm going to be 41 soon. Should I go for the PR route or the 475 route?

How much recent experience do I need to register with the nursing boards in Australia, ANMC & DIAC?

I really hope someone can tell me where to start. Quite confused at the moment and time is running out.

Thanks.

Absolutely nowhere:(

They have sent an urgent email to her explaining the situation but apart from that nothing........

They just keep saying it's in the final stages , probably just a couple of weeks, but they said that before christmas.

Does this CO actually work??

:arghh:

How did you get on? We are also still waiting for or Visa from the same CO. Does anybody know if there is a time limit from getting a CO to visa grant for a 176 CSL visa or process for complaining?

Bex.x

Guest guest17301

Have you sent PLE Z&P? Keep calling and emailing and eventually they will take pity on you! Give them the 21st as a deadline and explain your situation. You won't get to speak to your CO if you call but if you get a sympathetic customer service agent thay will apss on your details/make a note on the file. If you know your CO name mark your email FAO that person in the subject line and it will get to your CO faster.

I do, I spoke to them last night and explained the situation. The women was lovely she said that she'd send another email to her(the CO).

I was also given somebodies email at Australia HOuse here, and have just sent him an email explaining the situation, and saying that I've heard of and seen Category 5 applications with shorter time scale beeing granted visa's.

I also explained that I was a nurse and thought we had a higher priority. I wasn't sure he'd come back to me but he did immediately saying he would contact them and try to get an answer over night, i'm being ever hopeful that that this could be THE ANSWER , but the pessimist in me doubts it!

Guest guest17301

No, I reckon you will get your visa very soon. If you haven't heard by the end of the week just call again, perseverance is the key, lol! Have you checked your online status today?

Guest needingtogo
Absolutely nowhere:(

They have sent an urgent email to her explaining the situation but apart from that nothing........

They just keep saying it's in the final stages , probably just a couple of weeks, but they said that before christmas.

Does this CO actually work??

:arghh:

Yep, they told me this back in November! Not sure if she does work!!!!!!

Fingers and toes all crossed for you, keep us posted.

Bex.x

Not a thing from her or the person I sent the email to, I'm gutted, but its no more than I expected really! The trouble is that whilst I want an answer I don't want to antagonise her as our lives are in her hands!! :((

Guest needingtogo

What a shame. We have decided to take the persistent approach as we seem not to be getting anywhere staying quiet and waiting. I checked back and realise we have had our CO since August and have heard nothing actually from her since September!

Bex

Guest edwardsfamily
Hi,

I am interested in moving to Australia as a nurse. But I'm not sure where to start.

I worked as a registered nurse in Malaysia from 1993 to 2004 in Malaysia. After that, I moved to the academic line and am currently work as a nursing lecturer in a private university in Malaysia too.

I'm not sure what I should do first. Do I have to go back to nursing practice (my license in Malaysia is still valid, I renew it every year as I do need it when I take my students for clinical supervision in hospitals). If yes, for how long do I have to work before I can start my process to move to Australia?

I'm going to be 41 soon. Should I go for the PR route or the 475 route?

How much recent experience do I need to register with the nursing boards in Australia, ANMC & DIAC?

I really hope someone can tell me where to start. Quite confused at the moment and time is running out.

Thanks.

have a look at the nurses registration section in jobs and careers....there will be tons of answers there.

if not look at www.anmc.org.au

hope that helps x

Guest needingtogo

There is hope Z&P. She does exist as we got our VISA this am. Hoping you get your news soon.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Bex.x

Guess what us too!!

However it was sent on behalf of LC!!!

It was a good job as my husband came home last night and told me he had ticked the box to accept th package he has been offered.

Now I better start organising :))

Archived