kids, visa and speed of application

Guest Mel & Ed

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi Everyone...Happy New Year!!

We put our visa application in in Nov and as i am a practicing nurse was told it should go through quite swiftly..!!

WE have 3 small kids -does this slow things down??

Oldest child had my maiden name at birth(no fathers name on birth cert) and then latter changed by deed poll to my married name - will this slow things down??

I thought we would have been allocated a CO by now??or meds requested?

Anyone have any info re time scale or potential problems with kids on visa,

Many thanks

Melanie

Guest dansyl05

Hi Melanie...so glad i'm not on my own panicking bout the time scale!! It seems to take forever. we are at the same stage as you, my sons names were also changed by deed poll but so long as you have the relevant paperwork with the name changes etc it shouldn't cause any hold ups (so we've been told! :? anyways, we put our appl. in Nov 14th and have heard nothing yet, our migration officer said the whole process will take about 4 months from the time of application, so we are waiting to have our med request any time in Jan, heres hoping! I have been trying to convince my hubby to go and have our medicals done in the next week or so, but he's a bit worried, or too sensible and thinks we should wait until asked...there just seems so much to worry about now and i just need to get it over with so we can sell up and move. Good luck, let us know how you get on, where you hoping to go in Australia?

sylvi

Guest jackie1

Hi

I would recommend you begin to get your police checks done now. Mine took 40 days to come back, they last for 12months and only cost £10 per adult.

Good luck

Jackie

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi Sylvi,

We are heading for Perth, somewhere near Joondalup...Where are you heading for??

I did police checks before the visa went in and sent them with it as i thought that was what i should do..I only now know that i was supposed to wait for request..

I havnt done meds yet as not yet requested and dont you have to go to a particular place??

The only correspondance i have had is an email from DIMIA saying it would take 4 months etc etc. I dont believe i have a case officer yet...How did you get yours so quickly?? Do i need to contact them??

Im doing all the sorting out along with a full time job and 3 small kids so i am getting mega stressed and confused..

Speak soon

Melanie..

Guest choobs
Hi Sylvi,

The only correspondance i have had is an email from DIMIA saying it would take 4 months etc etc. I dont believe i have a case officer yet...How did you get yours so quickly?? Do i need to contact them??

My understanding is that they take a very dim view of people contacting them for status updates. My gut tells me that the last thing I want to do is give some jobsworth somewhere an excuse to punt me to the bottom of the pile :)

different visa types are processed at different rates - I think you just have to grin and bear it. It's been a month since out confirmation, now, and I'm nearly climbing the walls.

Choobs

Guest kerryinuk

Im a senior registerd nurse and we posted our application for our visa in may 2005. Like most i thought nurses were fast tracked, now jan 2006 and we are still waiting. All medicals and pcc's were send last year and had confirmation that all were passed successfully, but are still waiting for the final visa. Sorry to disappoint anyone whom awaits a prompt response. Best of luck to everybody.

Kerryinuk

Archived