Looking for a shipper to the uk from melbourne who is reasonable and reliable

gemjay

Hi looking for a reliable shipper to move approx half a container of household items from Melbourne to the UK anyone got any suggestions, are used any themselves to move from Melbourne to the UK. At present I have a quote from Grace, Wridgeways, Oss and Chess are there any others worth considering many thanks.:biggrin:

Guest ollie247

Hi There,

We are moving back on the 01/03. WE have gone with Allied Pickfords shipping half a container. They are coming in to pack us up on 22/23-02 so Can't wait. I would defo bat the other quotes off each other. I told our shipping company after he sent us he quote that another company was 500.00 cheaper and could they beat it and sure enough they shaved off the price cheaper. We are now shipping 17sq for 5k from Melbourne to UK... Give them a call.

Thanks

Hi There,

We are moving back on the 01/03. WE have gone with Allied Pickfords shipping half a container. They are coming in to pack us up on 22/23-02 so Can't wait. I would defo bat the other quotes off each other. I told our shipping company after he sent us he quote that another company was 500.00 cheaper and could they beat it and sure enough they shaved off the price cheaper. We are now shipping 17sq for 5k from Melbourne to UK... Give them a call.

Thanks

Hi Ollie, we have gone through all the shippers now and GRACE have come in the cheapest upto yet 19sq (half container) at $3900, OSS have still to get back, we tried Pickfords and were quoted $4700 for half container ah well we shall see how OSS do they use Anglo Pacific and Excess International to move stuff in the UK both we have used before with no issues. Cheers:biggrin:

I used Grace, they gave the best quote.

I also opted for the insurance which covered "Pairs" which Im happy I did as one chair of 6 the leg broke so they paid for replacement of the whole set including table. Also 3 glasses of around 40 cracked and they paid for the whole 40!

They came, the packed and they took away. When they delivered back at home, they unpacked and took all the boxing away. Nice job!

Guest ollie247
Hi Ollie, we have gone through all the shippers now and GRACE have come in the cheapest upto yet 19sq (half container) at $3900, OSS have still to get back, we tried Pickfords and were quoted $4700 for half container ah well we shall see how OSS do they use Anglo Pacific and Excess International to move stuff in the UK both we have used before with no issues. Cheers:biggrin:

Hi there,

That is a fantastic price. We have not signed off with Allied so I am going to call them today for a quick quote as we have our flights booked for 01/03 and want them to come and do the packing for 22-23/02 so need to get a move on. Where are you guys moing back too?? Did this price include all the packing aswell?

Thanks

Hi there,

That is a fantastic price. We have not signed off with Allied so I am going to call them today for a quick quote as we have our flights booked for 01/03 and want them to come and do the packing for 22-23/02 so need to get a move on. Where are you guys moing back too?? Did this price include all the packing aswell?

Thanks

Hi the price does not include the packing of boxes as we still have them from our move here 6 years ago, but includes export wrap of funiture and packing of electrical by shipper to cover for insurance, we are moving to Lancashire on the 19/03/2010 from Beaumaris Melbourne. We are waiting for a quote from oss and I have a feeling they may come in cheaper than grace will post it on here when we recieve it today. Where are you moving to and from? :biggrin:

Guest ollie247
Hi the price does not include the packing of boxes as we still have them from our move here 6 years ago, but includes export wrap of funiture and packing of electrical by shipper to cover for insurance, we are moving to Lancashire on the 19/03/2010 from Beaumaris Melbourne. We are waiting for a quote from oss and I have a feeling they may come in cheaper than grace will post it on here when we recieve it today. Where are you moving to and from? :biggrin:

Hi there,

I have rang grace so waiting for them to come back to us. Fingers crossed as we are taking our dog aswell which is costing 2700.00... We are moving back to the North East to Marske by the Sea near redcar our home town footy team is Middlesbrough so that region for us. We are in pakenham been here for nearly 4 years and can't wait to get back though. Have you guys found work?

Hi there,

I have rang grace so waiting for them to come back to us. Fingers crossed as we are taking our dog aswell which is costing 2700.00... We are moving back to the North East to Marske by the Sea near redcar our home town footy team is Middlesbrough so that region for us. We are in pakenham been here for nearly 4 years and can't wait to get back though. Have you guys found work?

Hi, we are going back to Hapton near Blackburn and will be settling around Chorley, we have nt got work there yet, but are in a position to look when we get there with out to much pressure as staying with family (free) so thats a great help, we are very excited as well to be going back and cant wait ourselves, have you found jobs yet?:biggrin:

Guest ollie247
Hi, we are going back to Hapton near Blackburn and will be settling around Chorley, we have nt got work there yet, but are in a position to look when we get there with out to much pressure as staying with family (free) so thats a great help, we are very excited as well to be going back and cant wait ourselves, have you found jobs yet?:biggrin:

No we have not found jobs yet. Things have been bad in the UK haven't they? I have a applied for a few and interview selections are in Feb so hopefully I can secure a telehpne interview before we leave which they are aware of so fingers crossed there. I work as a credit controller and the OH works as a printer so hopefully we can secure something when we get back. Again its the same for us staying with family for free which always helps. I might end up on the dole which will be the 1st time ever but who knows.

Have a safe journey back!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gemjay

Just wondered how your OSS quote compared to Grace and others you tried? I've just had the OSS guy over and he reckons we have about 40 cubic metres of stuff, which is more than a 20ft container (28-30 cubic metres). He was estimating about $6.5-$7 for 20ft. Wondering who to try next, so might give Grace a call.

Hi Gemjay

Just wondered how your OSS quote compared to Grace and others you tried? I've just had the OSS guy over and he reckons we have about 40 cubic metres of stuff, which is more than a 20ft container (28-30 cubic metres). He was estimating about $6.5-$7 for 20ft. Wondering who to try next, so might give Grace a call.

Hi Alimay, it looks like you have quite a lot off stuff, we got a quote from OSS and they came in more expensive than Grace we have 511 cubic feet about 17 metres cubic and have accepted the Grace quotation of $3975 not including insurance my contact at Grace is Donna Zhiren or Fiona Piper on 03 9796 5155 hope this helps and noticed your from North Blackburn how long you been out here? :biggrin:

Been in Oz for 13 years on 17 June and in Blackburn for 10 of those years, but we're sick of the financial and emotional strain of trips back to see my family every couple of years (as hardly any visitors to us these days), each time realising how much more we fit into life over there .... so in August we made the decision to move back. My husband now only has his brother and sister and one decent cousin here, so he's happy to go back, having spent the first 2 years of our married life together in England. We've got his Mum's house still to sell, as she passed away at the end of November and we're still waiting for his visa to come through, but have booked our flights for the end of June. This should give the kids 3 weeks at school over there and hopefully secure them permanent spots for the next school year, Yrs 5 and 7 respectively.

Whereabouts are you located?

Thanks for the tips on Grace - I shall give them a call now.

Cheers

Lesley

Been in Oz for 13 years on 17 June and in Blackburn for 10 of those years, but we're sick of the financial and emotional strain of trips back to see my family every couple of years (as hardly any visitors to us these days), each time realising how much more we fit into life over there .... so in August we made the decision to move back. My husband now only has his brother and sister and one decent cousin here, so he's happy to go back, having spent the first 2 years of our married life together in England. We've got his Mum's house still to sell, as she passed away at the end of November and we're still waiting for his visa to come through, but have booked our flights for the end of June. This should give the kids 3 weeks at school over there and hopefully secure them permanent spots for the next school year, Yrs 5 and 7 respectively.

Whereabouts are you located?

Thanks for the tips on Grace - I shall give them a call now.

Cheers

Lesley

Hi we are located in Beaumaris vic, and have been here 6 years having moved around Melbourne, been back to the UK twice and loved it, we have no kids are family here and I can relate to missing family as well as the state of limbo many people experience living in Australia, we fly to the UK in March after about 2 years of indecision, will be staying in Hapton so not for from Blackburn. Good luck with the move :biggrin:

Archived