New changes affecting panel doctors,important

Mylady

Hi, thanks for the info,!! its ridiculous!! we will end up going to Birmingham as we have family there so can at least stay over a night save some cost, its just taking the kids out of school for 2 days is not good!!! and they obviousley only do the medicals on week days, did ask if they did weekends! thought worth a try!!!!!!!!! So another hurdle.... Where abouts in Cornwall are you? we are just outside Penzance.

Thats ok and thats lucky about family in B'ham wis we had some near anywhere. We are on the Lizard so not too far from you

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inaroundroom
Hi the Whalley Rangers

In fairness to DIAC, their senior people did not order the 2009 changes. They are merely public servants who have to obey the Minister fir Immi's orders. The Minister is a pollie and there has to be a General Election during 2010.

Golly,

If there is an election this year and a new party comes into power I would expect less immigrants to be allowed in as I thought only Kevin Rudd is pro a big australia?

Populate and we will perish | The Australian

Hey Les et al

Knightsbridge clinic website says £220 for medical+x-ray and HIV test. More prices and info at

Knightsbridge Doctors Visa Medicals

Hope this helps?!

ps this is my first post..!!

Thanks for link, not a bad price as this is the closest for us but they do charge £50 for courier (a quick £30 profit) and that may or may not be each.

The bridge clinic charge £8 (each) but it is only signed for post but they tell me they have never had a problem. I may push them to see if we can arrange our own courier pick up as we have never paid more than £20 to send documents to Oz.

Just to let everybody know...

My partner and I went for our medicals at Heathrow Medical today. They found out that although they were given a great review by DIAC and were in the original shortened list, they have now been culled and will only be operating the Australian medicals for another 3 months. They are really upset as they have been doing it for years and operate a very prompt service. Our blood results will be with them tomorrow and they will courier them to Sydney tomorrow when all the results are in.

Below is a break down of the costs for general information:

Medical £166 each (approximately 15 mins appt)

Hep B and C (for health care professionals) £89

Courier charges for all forms for 2 people £48

Chest Xray £70 each

All the best

Emily and Jon

• 2 weeks later...

What the Aus review has done has set up a UK monopoly for the few firms left doing medicals.

One firm (2 offices) inside the M25 and one outside to cover the most highly populated area of the UK.

Same sort of coverage for the rest of the UK with either a pay what they say or travel 100s miles for a better quote.

If the Aus government had set a cap on what can be charged then fair enough but to let them charge what they like is so wrong.sneaky.gif

What did these firms pay to be on the list?

Archived