Renting with pets in Brisbane - impossible?

Guest LondonKiwi

Guest LondonKiwi

Hi,

I have been searching for a flat within 30 mins of Brisbane Central Station and every agency i have spoken to says they have nothing on their books that will accept pets.

We have one British-blue cat that is thankfully in quarantine until the 22nd of February. Do you have any suggestions on where to look for a central-city pet-friendly flat?

Would we be better of looking a little further out of central?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi

Widen your search,, you will struggle to get pet friendly accommodation inner city.

When you find somewhere you like and mention you have pets if you can offer a separate Pet Bond and any pet references you have brought with you.

Good Luck

Cal x

There are plenty of places in the suburbs which will accept pets, but maybe this close to the city it's more of a problem. As Cal suggests, some places do not say they will accept pets, but you can try offering incentives such as a separate pet bond, or offer to pay 6 months rent in advance.

Good luck with your search.

Love

Rudi

x

Guys do you really think 30 mins on public transport is that close to Brisbane to be a problem? That covers out to about 14km which is almost the whole brisbane city council area. I would have thought there were plenty of people in Brisbane with pets in rentals? Not in the immediate inner city as much but from 5km out?

Archived