got 176 visa today, BUT only giving us 4 months to activate!

hogan

Guest Prawny4

Wow! Congrats! I heard that as long as you get your passports stamped as "entered" Oz thats good enough to keep visa valid. I had a friend who was Australian and her husband had short time period to validate his visa so he took a flight out on a Friday, spent one night in Sydney hotel and flew back the next day! His visa was then validated as permanent so he could return to Oz when they had sold their house.

Good luck!:biggrin:

We are hoping to move over in April and have a little dog. I think it only takes about six weeks to orginize the paperwork. Your furniture etc takes 12 weeks door to door but you must be in Oz when it arrives.

• 11 months later...
Guest Snowy2603

Congratulations! We gave just had our medicals uploaded to the Sydney Central database, and have been advised that we should have our case finalised next week.

We lodged 176 sublclass in Mar-09, so has took almost 2 years to finalise.

Anyway - BA and Qantas have a Sale on at the moment and you can fly to Sydney (family of 4, for £2.5k) which is not bad. This is NOT a lot of money in the scheme of things, especially when this is a Dream thats about to be realised. Also if you go the Easter wkd, you dont have to take much time off to get a decent holiday - with the extra day for the Royal Wedding :-) Go fo it!!!

Archived