Hi Guys - Yep another newbie !!!!

netballnut

Hi Guys,

I have been reading the posts on here for a few months now, We are a family of four Helen (me), Hubbie Kane, Son Kurtis (11) and Abbie (10). We have today been granted our Skilled 136visa. We submitted this 30th November, 06 and have had the email today granting the visa, we really excited about this and looking forward to the future. Husband is an electrician and we looking togoing out to Brisbane, we are going on a trip to oz in Dec to have a good look round. Anyway that enough babbling on for now. I have so far found many of the threads really helpful so I look forward to reading more.

Helen xxx

Guest Scarletfever

Hey, welcome to PIO and enjoy your stay!:)

Congrats bout the visa, I reckon you're in the next wave of PIO guys who are heading for Brissy, so keep in touch when you get over there.

Dan

Hi Cal,

Yep we are all really excited about this and can't wait to get there in december and have a good look around. I see that you are in brisbane already. We will be spending the week before xmas and xmas day in brisbane and tips on best places to stay whilst we are there?

We are from Hull.

Helen

Hiya ,,brissy is brill we are so glad we came ,we arrived from Bury Manchester last november and are loving everything life chucks at us ,,Id head for the gold coast ,everything you could want is there and its not too far to travel upto sunshine coast for a nosey around there.With your hubby being an electrician i dont think he would struggle for work either ,when are you planning on making the move for good ,as december would be a chance for job hunting ,just remeber its the big summer hols here over xmas so some places may be shut .

Cal x

We were thinking of making the permanent move sometime next year, once we have been and had a reckkie, When do most places tend to close for theholidays at that time of year? Hubbie is indeed an electrician and also has a BA hons degree in business studies but is quite happy working on his tools, although for the last couple of years he has took the plunge and been working for himself, He knows that he will have to work for a company initiaily, Do you know how long for is it 2 years!!!. The kids too are looking forward to the move , son who is 11 is not bothered as long as he can watch rugby league and play cricket,

Helen xx

Guest T in Brisvegas

Hi there

welcome!

If you need any help with Brisbane questions etc ..ask away

Hi Helen,

Welcome to pio hun, you will be addicted even when you move lol, we are a very friendly bunch and are good at sorting others out if they not lol, CONGRATULATIONS on your visa being granted, wish you and your family all the best of luck and happiness in your new dream and adventure and keep us posted how it all goes with move holiday etc :v_SPIN::wink::wubclub::yes:

Guest jonseywife

Congratulations on the visa............. im sure you'll be able to pass some time on PIO beofre you leave!!!!! Good luck !!!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest itchyfeet
We were thinking of making the permanent move sometime next year, once we have been and had a reckkie, When do most places tend to close for theholidays at that time of year? Hubbie is indeed an electrician and also has a BA hons degree in business studies but is quite happy working on his tools, although for the last couple of years he has took the plunge and been working for himself, He knows that he will have to work for a company initiaily, Do you know how long for is it 2 years!!!. The kids too are looking forward to the move , son who is 11 is not bothered as long as he can watch rugby league and play cricket,

Helen xx

Hi Helen your coming to the right place for Rugby League, Queenslanders love it especially at this time of year and after beating NSW.Have only made 1 game up to now (GB v Oz) but I plan to see a lot more. Hull or Rovers ?

Hi Itchyfeet.

Well I can see from your avatar who you support and yep we too are HULL.In fact hubby and son are off too Bradford today, lets see if they can turn it around??? As they are pretty bad at the moment. Do you catch up with things on rlfans.com? When we come over for our 5week in december, we are staying with our friends in Tingha (Nathan Blacklock) for a few days, he misses HULL. Did you go to Cardif or watch it over there. Hubby and son are into most sports but I know will want to def see some rugby.

Helen:spinny:

Guest itchyfeet

Hi Helen and family

Another loss at the weekend, I can't believe how bad we are at the moment especially after the last two seasons. I did go to Cardiff (that was a brilliant day). I don't get to see very much Super League over here as I don't have Foxtel so I keep in touch mainly on the internet, RL fans.com and have listened to DDD commentating a few games when the timing is ok.

A bet you can't wait for December, Have you been before ? If we can help you with any questions or anything feel free to PM us.

Archived