Christmas holidays affecting Visa progress

Nats

Just wondering if anyone is in the same 'limbo' situation. I am due to start my job 1st February ... need to be in Oz one week prior to starting job. Been looking at flights, accommodation and so on ... but cant do anything until visa is finalised.

I was late in applying for visa as it has taken almost forever for the Nursing bodies in WA to process my registration - without this I would not be able to practice as a nurse in Australia and therefore couldnt lodge visa application.

I lodged the Visa 10/12/09, Nursing registration confirmed but unable to upload proof as I havent received certification in post - and what with christmas & New Year, it is unlikely I will receive this anytime soon. Not to mention the fact that the registration period in WA runs from Jan-Dec ... therefore I need to reapply after 31/12/09:arghh:.

An online check of their database shows that I am on their register at the moment, I tried to do a screen dump of my status in order to attatch this to my application, but it didnt work:no:. And I had my medicals done 16/12/09 - they're still awaiting results of this - these were sent by courier - but no doubt affected by the holiday period!!

I am so stressed that the christmas & New Year holidays may have scuppered my chances of the visa being approved in time for me starting my post. I hope all is not lost:cry:.

Anyone else in similar situation??

Nats x x x

Hey there, I am not able to help with all of your points, but I had my meds couriered on the 9th Dec and then contacted the immigration team in Adelaide on the 20th about another matter. They said they were still awaiting my meds. I checked out the DHL tracking number on the meds to find they had been signed for on the 14th, so then I emailed the HOC in Sydney asking for details of how long they would take to process. I did not receive an answer, but miraculously, the next day, my online application status said "meds finalised". So its definitely worth chasing HOC if you can see that your meds have been received.

Guest 2pigs3piglets

just to let you know oz has had a postal strike over xmas as well so giving them a ring might help you and they might give you a time line.... they dont bite when we rang they were really friendly....best of luck tanya

Archived