Looking to meet other Brits in Melbourne

Guest celta

Guest sulky27

I was going to suggest a beer garden however Melbourne is turning the weather on again the forecast is for 38c on Saturday so inside AC. Sorry dont know where.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hazelandmathew

How about the pub over the road from Flinders street station on the corner? Not sure how big it is in there (or what its called) but its fairly central?

Anybody have any ideas for a time to meet?

Ice cold beer will go down well if it reaches the high 30's ;-p

Cheers

H:wubclub:

Guest budman

hi guys saturday is good for us two

possible meeting places could be young and jacksons across from flinders st station or The Elephant and wheelbarrow on bourke st near parliment station or Pj o briens on south bank. Just a few possabilities any other sujestions welcome.:biggrin:

katie and brian

Guest LightOz

Hi

We arrived in melbourne 3 weeks ago and would love to meet up-have been on a couple of meets already, but would like to go to more. I'm Louise (26) and my husband, Chris, is 28. Don't mind where as we're fairly close to the city. Look forward to it. Oh, and thanks Kate and Brian for letting us know about it!

Guest alkristensen

Sorry to hijack, but im going for a confirm

IRISH TIMES 7pm SATURDAY

427 Little Collins Street, Melbourne Tel. 9642 1699

So FAR

RICH2476

Laura100

Sulky27

Hazelandmatthew

budman

gillandchris

alkristensen

KathrynHall

BrianandKatie

Maybes/Unconfirmed

Mamta

Lightoz

Hope 7pm is early enough to beat the crowds, and late enough for people to get there after shopping and cleaning.

Majority rules on decisions.

Al

Guest alkristensen

IRISH TIMES 7pm SATURDAY

So FAR

RICH2476

Laura100

Sulky27

Hazelandmatthew

budman

gillandchris

alkristensen

KathrynHall

BrianandKatie

Mamta

Lightoz

Maybes/Unconfirmed

Ratchet

GoldenGrahams

Celtic

Karln

Have i missed anyone?

Hope7pm is early enogh to beat the crowds, and late enough for people to get there

Leave your name down too if you want in and ill add it to the list, and try to ring the pub to get an area set aside for us under a name so that latecomers, allcomers or singles can find a group easy without havng to ask randoms if they are expatsfor a meet.

Hi all

Glad my post has allowed a few people to meet up. Unfortunately I have to work on Sat night but might try and drop by after I finish. Have a good time time if i don't see you all

Celia

Hi,

Yep count us in too, it may be a quick visit as we have a party later that night.

Celia -I live in St Kilda so could always meet up for week night drinks?

Mamta & Clint

Guest Kathryn7

Thought I would give this a bit of a bump up the list as the Sydney posts are taking over - they seem to be having much more fun than us in Melbourne!!

Im off work with tonsilitus so count us out.:sad: also 7pm isnt any good when you have a 4yr old (and no babysitter).

Having said that pocaanddan arrive tomorrow morn. I will let them know and point them in the direction of the pub if they can manage it. obviously wont reply themselves as they are in someones airspace as i type!!! how exciting !!!

We were out on sunday with Karen and mark (golden grahams) and found a nice little bar.

Charles Dickins tavern

290 collins street

(Btwn Elizabeth street and swanston walk)

Guest alkristensen
Thought I would give this a bit of a bump up the list as the Sydney posts are taking over - they seem to be having much more fun than us in Melbourne!!

They need to have things going on as there s nothing to do there, we have it all here!!!

Hee Hee.

Guest alkristensen
Im off work with tonsilitus so count us out.:sad: also 7pm isnt any good when you have a 4yr old (and no babysitter).

Having said that pocaanddan arrive tomorrow morn. I will let them know and point them in the direction of the pub if they can manage it. obviously wont reply themselves as they are in someones airspace as i type!!! how exciting !!!

We were out on sunday with Karen and mark (golden grahams) and found a nice little bar.

Charles Dickins tavern

290 collins street

(Btwn Elizabeth street and swanston walk)

Yes, you found the origianl melbourne drinkers club headquarters then, i would have suggested that over the irish times but maybe a bit old hat to anyone who has been on meets i organised before under the name of mr anderson on expats and britvics

For all of you who dont know, its THE FOOTBALL PUB in melbourne, open almost 24/7, if ia live game is on in the english peom, it should be open til 4 5 6 am or open early for champions league games, rugby and the like Call thenm and ask in advance if they are showing a certain thing , a good crowd of staff.

Al

Hi,

Yep count us in too, it may be a quick visit as we have a party later that night.

Celia -I live in St Kilda so could always meet up for week night drinks?

Mamta & Clint

Hey

Gonna be in the city from about 9pm on Sat now so will drop by and say hi if people are still around. If not will def be in touch Mamta to arrange drinks for another time

Cheers

Guest junglegeorge45
hi

will anyone else be taking kids, we have a girl 10, boy 9?

Hi all,

No kids on this end, and been slightly out of the loop re-modelling (that should actually read "completely gutting and re-buliding") my flat in Footscray over the holidays.

If this meet up is still on, I'd be keen to give my tools a night off and knock back a pint or two over a nice chit chat. Please let me know through e-mail directly to: alex@alexmccarthy.com, or give me a buzz on 0466 210 012.

Cheers,

Alex.

P.S. Happy (belated) New Year to one and all. Here's hoping 2010 is filled with all the stuff your dreams are made of.

IRISH TIMES 7pm SATURDAY

So FAR

RICH2476

Laura100

Sulky27

Hazelandmatthew

budman

gillandchris

alkristensen

KathrynHall

BrianandKatie

Mamta

Lightoz

Maybes/Unconfirmed

Ratchet

GoldenGrahams

Celtic

Karln

Hi Al,

2 more to be added to the list for Saturday!

Me and the OH will be coming along. We've been to past meet-ups - first one being in the previously mentioned CD tavern! Been in Melb 2 years now and living in St Kilda.

James & Nicky.

We would love to join you all but unfortunately we have a 17 month old and no babysitter. If anyone out there wants to meet up who has children or if you guys are up for a meet in a park for a bbq sometime let us know. Hope you all have a good time, we'll be there in spirit, thinking of the days before children.....!!!

Guest golden grahams

hi as it sounds that there will be no other kids there, we will have to give this one a miss, sorry, but please bear us in mind for any future meet ups.

Guest Dave Akehurst

Afternoon all

Sorry to butt in.... Just moved to Melbourne from the UK with my partner who is Australian. Can I invite both of us to the do (if it's this Saturday, 9 Jan) ? Hopefully we can make it and will give us both the chance to get away from the in-laws ! It would be good to hear some english phrases after c.3 months of travelling to finally get here.

Thanks

Dave

Archived