Looking to meet other Brits in Melbourne

Guest celta

Hi, i've recently moved to Melbourne permanently to live with with my Aussie boyfriend. Loving Melbourne and have plently of Aussie friends but would really love to meet some fellow Poms before I lose my english accent forever. Plus I miss the cynical British humour and endless chats about the weather!! I live near St Kilda so surely there must others about?? Look forward to hearing from them

Celia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tor12345

Hi Celia

I will hopefully be living in Melbourne by February, so will be looking for a friendly Pommy face if you want to meet when I arrive? The time seems to be fast arriving and I'm getting nervous!!

Cheers

Torie

hey celia

welcome to melbourne!!! I live in Windsor with my chap lee and we have been in melbourne since early october this year but before that lived in north QLD for 18months

hope your liking Aus and the move was worth it ha ha - im sure it was!!

Would be keen to meet with you if you ever fancy it - drop me a message and we can arrange coffee/glass of wine or something

as a bit of background im 31 and work in law and lee is 27 and a teacher - so if we suit give me a buzz and we can sort something!

you sure picked the right time of year to come over!

Jo

x

Hi

Glad to know there are a few of us about. Look forward to catching up with you guys that are arriving in Feb (Torie don't be nervous, its great!).

Celia

Hi Celia,

Myself & OH will be moving too Melbourne in August (can't wait!) We've even been discussing moving to St Kilda or nearby aswell! We'll be up for meeting people when we get over, to be honest we're a little nervous that we won't make any friends!

A bit of background on us : i am 29 & in the motor trade & my OH is 28 & is a teacher.

Good with everything down there.

Karl.

hey karl dont worry about meeting people we thought the same when we moved down here from north QLD but we now have a good group of friends and are always keen to meet more!

this site is amazing for meeting people and making good friends!

see you when you arrive in august although we will be in the UK in august so see you in september!

jo and Lee

Guest sulky27

Hi Celia and other fellow readers,

My hubby and I have moved to Melb in December so feeling the separation blues from the UK during this festive season. We are two professionals 30's and love chatting about u guessed the weather and current events into arts and our music. Would love to meet up with fellow newbies to Melbourne we are in Brunswick so central city no problems. Chris and Kylie

Guest sulky27

Hi Jo and Lee we have moved here in December and looking to catch up and chat with 'locals' you guys have arrived before us so hopefully can guide us through to the right places for interest on weekends. We are in Brunswick and enjoy our coffee, arts and music. We are in our 30's. Hope to hear from you soon.Cheers kylie and chris

Guest golden grahams

hi

my wife and i, plus the 2x kids live in Glen waverley, have been here 6 weeks, am always up for meeting people, for meet up BBQ etc, give us a PM if you fancy it.

Guest budman

hi guys

we live in point cook, been here nearly two years and would be happy to meet up.

you should also keep an eye on britvicks for meetups in melbourne.

happy to answer any questions also

brian

Hi there, in a similar situation moved over last year from London with Aussie boyfriend, living in St Kilda so would be up for a few local drinks. Looking forward to meeting some friendly Poms.

Mamta

Guest Kathryn7

Hello, I'm Kathryn (34) living in Ivanhoe, Melbourne since Oct 08. Came over with my OH who I have recenlty split from, so looking to meet some new friends.

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like there are quite a few of us up for meeting up. Since i'm fairly new to Melbourne and this site, does anyone have a any suggestions for a good place to meet? Hopefully we can come up with somewhere that will suit everyone

Celia

Guest rich2476

Hi,

Myself and my partner have been here for almost 6 months and live in Point Cook, it would be good to meetup. Do you think the city would be good for everyone? As it's prob the easiest place most of us can get to as people replying seem to live all over.

Rich

Guest Laura100

Hiya,

Lots of responses!

Me and my bloke Dan are living in Highett and it would be great to meet up wth some fellow brits for a couple of jars.....let us know when and where. Look forward to meeting you all!

Laura x

Guest Kathryn7
Hiya,

Lots of responses!

Me and my bloke Dan are living in Highett and it would be great to meet up wth some fellow brits for a couple of jars.....let us know when and where. Look forward to meeting you all!

Laura x

'Jars' in the city sounds good to me!

Archived