Passport Photos from Australia Post

Woofyhugger

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone has had passport photos taken at Australia Post at all? If so, did you cut them in to 4? The woman at the post office told me not to cut them, but that goes against sending two correctly sized photos to the passport mob.

I ended up cutting them in 4 (the Aus Post ones have a black guideline to cut the 4), and sending two (one countersigned on back) off with my application.

Anyway just wondering if anyone used Australia Post for their passport photos and if you had any issues at all.

I'm off to the UK in about 8 weeks. Can't wait.

Cheers

Matt

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Matt

We used APost for ours a while back now and they never said anything about not cutting them. We did and had no problems at all.

Have a great time in the UK

Hugs

Kate

Thanks Kate.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about crossing t's and dotting i's. I won't be happy until the passport is approved and back. Shouldn't be a problem seeing as I was born over there. Just a bit sick of waiting for it to come back, and it hasn't even been sent off long! ;) Impatient me.

Cheers

Matt

Guest sooveroz
Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone has had passport photos taken at Australia Post at all? If so, did you cut them in to 4? The woman at the post office told me not to cut them, but that goes against sending two correctly sized photos to the passport mob.

I ended up cutting them in 4 (the Aus Post ones have a black guideline to cut the 4), and sending two (one countersigned on back) off with my application.

Anyway just wondering if anyone used Australia Post for their passport photos and if you had any issues at all.

I'm off to the UK in about 8 weeks. Can't wait.

Cheers

Matt

don't worry - what you have done is fine. we did that and had no problems - don't know why she is telling you that! hopefully it will arrive very soon and put your mind at rest - i hate waiting for official stuff in the post!!

Guest vidal1974

Yes, we used Aust post for our daughters British passport, but we are still awaiting news on it. I cut the photo's as I would back in the UK, I haven't heard of not cutting them.

I am expecting problems because my 16 month daughter was born in the UK, travelled to Oz on a Oz passport and to have one photo countersigned for the Brit Passport someone had to have known me for 2 years, but I have only been here for 14 months! So the helpline told me to get my Aussie hubby's GP to sign and write a letter explaining that he has known hubby for --- years...Complicated hey? Of course it will be rejected, I expect nothing less! lol

Guest guest36187

We cut ours ourself and everything was ok.

Just DONT attach them to the passport form with a paperclip. That can damage the pics and they may not be accepted for that reason!

Ours went through fine and passport back within 2 and a half weeks!

Guest vidal1974

I imagine they would just trim it down, surely they couldn't be THAT much of a jobsworth???

I actually didn't cut mine straight now that I think about it (slight angle)....Should I be worried in case they are a little small???? Bugger....

It really does make you worry over the simplest of things though, especially when you hear of dramas some people go through. The woman at the Post Office who did my lodgement was a bit vague and she didn't seem like she knew what she was doing, and kept repeating things. She even had to ask where my name was on my birth certificate! Hence why I am a bit paranoid about it all.

Guest vidal1974

Oh I'm hearing you!! The woman that did ours had no idea what so ever. It even took 5 days to even get down to Canberra!

I really will be very suprised if ours does not come back rejected, the woman that did ours was not at all sure what she was doing and considering we pay for them to check it and make sure it is all right you'd think they'd be trained up!

We even made a point of having it done nearer to Brissy rather than up here in Toowoomba because we thought they'd have more idea. lol

My daughter and my move back to the UK (without hubby) is increasingly stressful so I guess if it comes back rejected for some reason I will just notch it up to another f*** up in Oz! :)

Archived