175 CSL granted today

abz123

Well what a boost just before Christmas!

Contacted by CO in early October to go and get meds & police checks done "within the next 70 days".

Deadline was yesterday (although submitted in October) so imagine my delight when I checked this morning and have my 175 in place.

House sale should go through on Friday and then hopefully off to Perth in the spring.

10 years in the pipeline and now it's a reality! (Visa submitted April)

Well what a boost just before Christmas!

Contacted by CO in early October to go and get meds & police checks done "within the next 70 days".

Deadline was yesterday (although submitted in October) so imagine my delight when I checked this morning and have my 175 in place.

House sale should go through on Friday and then hopefully off to Perth in the spring.

10 years in the pipeline and now it's a reality! (Visa submitted April)

Congrats. It's not 10 years but 10 months. Finally you got rid of this mess..

What sort of accountant are you? Dec - Apr is eight months!

No, it really is 10 years since we first thought about the move. I don't know how many paper forms I started but never completed.

If there wasn't an electronic route now I'd probably still be procrastinating.

Glad to see you got caught out by the whole IELTS thing too. I only discovered it was a requirement in July to get processed under the CSL

Queried it with DIAC and "a UK passport only proves competent English, not proficient English"

Looking around, I guess they have a point....

What sort of accountant are you? Dec - Apr is eight months!

No, it really is 10 years since we first thought about the move. I don't know how many paper forms I started but never completed.

If there wasn't an electronic route now I'd probably still be procrastinating.

Glad to see you got caught out by the whole IELTS thing too. I only discovered it was a requirement in July to get processed under the CSL

Queried it with DIAC and "a UK passport only proves competent English, not proficient English"

Looking around, I guess they have a point....

Oh . I thought you indicated your time including skills assessment. Doesnt it take 2 months????:jiggy:

Be cool. Now it's time to party..

Had the skills assessment done 18 months ago - procrastination again!

What kind of accountant are you? I'm CIMA and found out recently that you can get reciprocal membership of CPA. Guess it's two sets of subs but any CPA CPD is recognised by CIMA

Had the skills assessment done 18 months ago - procrastination again!

What kind of accountant are you? I'm CIMA and found out recently that you can get reciprocal membership of CPA. Guess it's two sets of subs but any CPA CPD is recognised by CIMA

I'm also CIMA. Please brows through CPA Australia site, It has clear guidelines on obtaining CPA status through mutual recognition.

Fee would be roughly AUD 500. You must have 3 years experience, gained ACMA without any exemptions & must be through commercial route.

Hope this helps. CPA site is the best source for any update,

See - http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3F57FECB-DA95964F/cpa/hs.xsl/9718_31353_ENA_HTML.htm

What's the deal with front loading? I was told not to have meds or PCC done until requested as they are only valid for a certain period.

I truely feel for all those poor people who were in the pipeline but maybe won't see a visa before 2011/12

What's the deal with front loading? I was told not to have meds or PCC done until requested as they are only valid for a certain period.

I truely feel for all those poor people who were in the pipeline but maybe won't see a visa before 2011/12

Hey abz123,

I frontloaded PCC's only. In the day I had results of IELTS 7 in all 4 competencies, I did my medicals expecting this priory processing scheme will last at least for 2 months.

Anyway as you rightly said deferred applicants are losing advantage of frontloaded stuff..

Archived