I thought it was women that were meant to worry....

Guest Janeloz

Guest Janeloz

but my hubby is in a right flap......we were asked for further reports/assessments to be done on our eldest son which we did and sent off, and they were acknowledged on our online 'thingy' on 1st December. In the meantime we put the house on the market and it sold in 13 days which took us by surprise, the packers are here next Tuesday (22nd), we have a leaving party booked for next Monday night (21st) and we hand over the keys to the house next Wednesday (23rd) assuming it all completes OK, then last week hubby was told he is to be made redundant and leaves tomorrow! BUT we haven't had our visa through yet, and as of middle of next week, we will be homeless, jobless and possibly visaless:arghh:! Its now been 2 weeks since they had the extra medical stuff, myself, hubby and younger son are all finalised, we are just waiting for my elder son to be sorted. I'm trying to stay positive, telling hubby it will all be OK, but as the breadwinner etc he is getting anxious about looking after his family.

Lets hope it isn't much longer, all this getting up at unearthly hours to check status is taking its toll.

Thanks for listening, feel a bit better now i've written it down.

Jane

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Jane, it sounds like you are on a real rollercoaster. I can remember we sold our house before getting our hands on the visa and I had so many doubts, thankfully it did all come together in the end and I hope it all works out soon for you. Big hugs

Kate

Hi Jane

Send PLE to advise the date you have to get out of your home. Politely request an idea of how long the visa may be from here as you need to know whether to arrange weekly rental property or a short-term 3 month lease or whatever.

Usually, the only response you will get is advice that the visas have now been granted.

Regards

Archived