Schools Advice Needed - Gold Coast area

julzcary

Hi,

Need to be looking for schools for my two children when we arrive on the Gold Coast i Feb. Got a son of 12 and a daughter of 7. Not sure where we'll be living, but somewhere fairly central like Mermaid, Broadbeach, Benowa area etc.

Any thoughts on both primary school and secondary school - good, bad or indifferent would be greatly appreciated - both state and private as not made the decision as yet (depends on funds!!)

Also, is there anything that you can look at to consider schools like an equivalent OFSTEAD report that we have here?

Thanks in anticipation.

Julie

Hi

This website is good for looking into schools

A guide to all schools in Brisbane, Queensland - Australian Schools Directory

Personally i would wait until you arrive, have a drive around looking at both areas and schools and see where you and the kids think will be the better option. Shortlist 2 or 3 schools and visit them to see what the kids are like and more importantly what your kids think of the school and teachers.

Cal x

Hi Cal,

Yeh, we'll definately do that. We did have a drive round some earlier this year, but as you say, there's nothing better than going in and seeing for yourself. However, just a starter for 10 from people who have first and experience is good too, although I appreciate, everyone has their own individual thoughts!!

Cheers anyway.

Julie

Archived