Travel to CBD from Point Cook/Caroline Springs

SKW

Hello,

Was just wondering if any of you know how easy (or difficult) it is to travel to the CBD from Point Cook or Caroline Springs? We like these areas and before we make a decision where to rent we are looking at travel to work. As neither location has it's own train station (yet) is it a long and difficult journey?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sehar

Guest rich2476

Hi,

I travel in from Point Cook. I personally get the train as I find it easier than driving in and can relax etc. Train tik from Hoppers Crossing = $49.60 a week and the trains takes about 35 mins if you get an express train. It takes 5 mins to get to the station from point cook and always can park. The times I have driven into the city unless u leave early takes about 1hr to get in and 35 mins to get home. Parking is between $10 - $14 + petrol so just use the train.

R

• 4 weeks later...

Travelling from Point Cook would be alot easier than Caroline Springs. At this stage, Caroline Springs does apparently have a plan of creating closeby train stations but I think realistically it will take the Goverment over a year to set this plan into action.

From Point Cook, you would have to drive into Hoppers Crossing Train Station or catch a bush there. This would be Zone 1 + 2 commuting. If I could offer a suggestion, if it suits your wants and needs consider a suburb in the Zone 1 areas that are just surrounding Point Cook, better facilities such as shopping centres and internet connection, closer to the city, and on average rental prices are approximately the same. You can also find something in a cheaper range as the land size isnt always as big. I live in Altona Meadows, and my partner and I have an investment in Laverton. Both walking distance to a Zone 1 train station to commute to work everyday. We share one car this way for personal use. Soo much cheaper for both us and our renters! If you do decide to look around Laverton, make sure you dont go near Aircraft Station as that is going to be knocked down shortly.. alot of people get caught up in that one.

Guest The Pom Queen
I wouldnt do it in a car. I head to work at 6am in the car, every morning the road status on the radio always reports issues. Coming over westgate is really bad. closed lanes, standing traffic, accidents......great fun to start the day! lol

Kelly, this is so true, that's why I prefer living in the East, at least we have more ways in to the city. If there is an accident or a jumper then getting across the bridge can take forever:arghh:

Archived