How long from medicals finalised to visa grant?

Guest Luke Brown

Guest Erwinel

Hi all,

I am a 176, my meds were finalised on 1st Feb 2011 and all other requirements are showing as MET except for the Health Requirements which has not been updated from Requested to MET. I am trying to figure out how much later will I receive my visa grant letter? i have already crossed the average of 8 working days as per the previous threads.

Can the DIAC delay issuance of the visa grant because of its annual visa number plan 2010-11?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Erwinel
It took a month for our meds to show as finalised so I don't think you need to worry. It just seems that some are processed much quicker than others for some reason. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

Thanks. My meds took 2 weeks to show as finalised. Now begins the waiting game for the grant!

How long after did you get your visa grant?

I don't think ours changed to finalised until the day I found out we had the visa but maybe I'm getting confused?! I remember emailing Australia post to make sure our meds got there as I was worried they hadn't arrived. Either way, I remember that we ended up waiting about a month from when they received the meds whereas others seemed to get their visa grant within a couple of weeks. Sorry it's not very helpful, I can't remember the details now! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Guest GemandJay

and to confuse matters even more my OH has had everything met and finalised since 27th Jan, but my meds are still saying referred!!! Not heard a thing, spoke to our agent and they said if still not heard by end of next week they will contact medical officer in Sydney. Haven't slept for weeks worrying myself silly about it!

Guest Erwinel

Thanks for the response, it is quite confusing and you never know what to expect!!!. My meds are finalised but no grant till date. So I am twiddling my thumbs and waiting........

Guest Natty T

Know how you feel, oue meds were recieved in Oz on Moday and signed for, don't know whats worse, being able to see everything and track it or not. Getting really obsessed now, checking online status, tracking meds, checking emails cconstantly hoping we get that visa grant. I think i'll be grey by the time it comes through. Hope is not going to take up to a month, everything else was met the day the other info was sent to our case officer.

Good luck to everyone waiting, hope you get news soon.

Guest Magnetic6

I thought this part of the visa process was the worst bit.....it's tantalisingly close and you're scared of something going wrong at the final hurdle. You'll all be fine! x

Guest kevsolly

done my meds on jan 2nd not got my police check back yet but have emailed co and he not got back to me hope i dont fail cos my police check aint in but sent another police check that was outa date by 1.2 mnth i heard ye police check only last 12mnth is that true

Guest Padayachee

Our Meds show "Health Requirements Finalised" We did meds on the 9th Feb and Sydney received it on 21st Feb and today the 24th Feb it shows Finalised.

The other stuff like the Hepatitis and HIV tests show "Received".

Our PCC`S have been sent on the 22nd Feb and sent a email DIAC to inform that we have done the med & police check.

Waiting is so frustrating,,,wonder how long now to visa grant,got an offer for my house that we want to accept.

Guest Feronia

Hello all

I have a query I am confused.

I am an 176 applicant from an HR country. Usually after form80, the clearance checks lasts avarage 8months and after that Health Checks is required.

But one of my friend from the same country who applied for 176 visa on November has been allocated a CO on February and it has been requested Health Checks. We cannot understand this situation... Does it mean that, the clearances has been completed and they are at the final step? Or what?

Do you have any idea?

• 9 months later...
Guest Lori2011
My timeline sucks.

Applied for visa: May 2008

Medicals Finalised: 9th Dec 2009

Nothing since then. How long does it take after medicals are finalized. I read on this thread, at an average 9 business days. It's been more than double.

PLEASE HELP!!! :( :'( :arghh:

It sound like you are in external checks, go to this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109457-hr-applicants-where-you-now.html

it seems pakistan get to wait long for this external checks, however, you've waited too long, maybe someone there knows something helpful

Archived