Rental agent in Werribee

shaunkaren

Guest Prickles83

Hey,

We haven't organised any accomodation yet!! eeeekkk

We fly into melbourne on the 2nd january for 5 days in the hope of arranging a rental property. We are then travelling for 3 weeks from Cairns down the East coast before getting back to Melbourne around the 23rd January!!

Anything could happen yet!

Keep in touch

Er.....5 days.... I think you are being a bit too hopeful on getting a rental sorted in that time. Alot of people will still be on vacation, so don't expect too much response from rental agents.

I hope you strike lucky, but you might want to consider a plan B

Peter

Guest Prickles83

I'm hoping with an orgnaised approach and contacting all the agents in the area in advance (e.g have already emailed) I should have a good chance.

People have said that because of when it is I might struggle but speaking to others they say that they rental agents work between Christmas and New Year and only break for a couple of days.

I only have five days in Melbourne before going travelling for three weeks. We arrive back around the 23rd January and My husband starts work the 1st week of Feb so we would like somewhere before then

Hi

We moved here in september and had booked a holiday home for the first 3 weeks as we thought it would take a while to get a rental but got one organised within the first week.

We sent e-mails to every agent in werribee area before we left uk but none of them replied. My advice would be to have a list of addresses and phone numbers of each agent before you leave so that you know exactly where your heading. Best place to start is Watton Street in Werribee as most of them are there.

Also best way of getting your rental application accepted by landlord once you find somewhere you like is to offer anything up to first 6 months rent upfront if you can - worked great for us as we didnt have rental history and no-one here in oz to use as a referee.

Good luck and enjoy your travels!

Maz

I am beginning to realise that responding to emails is not a strong point, although we have had responses from a lady at Point Cook Real Estate agents so may be worth a try. The area covered doesn't include all of the Werribee outskirts like Manor Lakes though.

Just out of interest Maz, do you have school age children? We are trying to work out the catchment area for Werribee Secondary as would like children to go there.

Kind regards

Karen

Hi Karen

Yes i have a son of 14 and a daughter of 10. We live in Manor Lakes estate in Wyndham Vale and my daughter goes to manor lakes college which goes from prep to yr 12 but still being built just now so only up to yr 7 or 8 i think just now. My son whos going into yr10 after xmas goes to Werribee Secondary college which is a brilliant school and Manor Lakes is within catchment for it.

What ages are your kids?

Maz x

Hi Karen

Yes i have a son of 14 and a daughter of 10. We live in Manor Lakes estate in Wyndham Vale and my daughter goes to manor lakes college which goes from prep to yr 12 but still being built just now so only up to yr 7 or 8 i think just now. My son whos going into yr10 after xmas goes to Werribee Secondary college which is a brilliant school and Manor Lakes is within catchment for it.

What ages are your kids?

Maz x

Hi Maz

I have a son of 11 (12 in March) and a daughter of 10 (11 in June). We like the look of Manor Lakes BUT need broadband connection at rental property for OH work. It could be a deal breaker if we can't get it - any info you have would help as the area does seem really nice. Also really keen for the children to go to Werribee Secondary college too!

Thanks Karen x

Hi Karen

We've got broadband connection in house and its wireless, got it through Bigpond which is one of the biggest companies that does it here. They initially sent out the adsl pack instead of wireless so we used it for a few days until proper one was sent out so both types definately work here and we've not had any problems.

Have you contacted Werribee secondary school, is your son going to be starting secondary when you arrive or is it the following year? By the way be prepared for paying a fortune for the school uniforms here, my sons was just over $1000 and my daughters was about $600 plus you'll need to pay the years books etc in january. My daughters fees for next year are $240 which is ok but dont know about werribee secondarys fees yet - i fear the worst lol.

Havent been in the caravan park but Werribee South is lovely and its a straight road to the school, my daughter loves the big play park on the beach.

Keep in touch and feel free to contact me if you've any more questions, will meet up with yous when you get here

Maz x

Archived