Sponsorship Jobs Carpet Wood Layer Fitter

Guest yummymummy

Guest yummymummy

Hi All

My husband runs his own carpet business in the UK, selling and fitting carpets, vinyl, wood and laminate flooring. He has lots of experience and is very good at his job.

We are trying to find out more about getting sponsorship but not sure how to go about it.

We are going to arrange a trip out to austrailia to start looking at areas,

We are looking at perth, new south wales, gold coast, victoria, however we are still open to ideas and obviously when we go we may change our mind on areas.

We need to find out more about Employment first for my husband, then schools for the children and also homes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on employment in any these areas, we don't really know how to go about getting sponsored or is it a case of contacting as many carpet/flooring companies as possible.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Yummymummy

We came here 5 yrs ago on a sponsership. We were helped by a migration agency in Perth. I will try to find their name. Cant remember off hand. For us though it was a case of going to a remote area to work rather than a city as my skills were not needed in the cities. We went to Kalgoorlie (600km inland from Perth). Our commitment was 2 yrs.

Areas I would recommend are Perth and Brisbane. Both beautiful cities. We live in NSW now in a place called Newcastle (1.5hrs north of Sydney). Nice place, but a little inductialised for me. The area relies heavily on coal (enough coal here to last another 100ys).

There are employers looking to sponser all the time. OZ is du another boom time starting next year which will mean a shortage of labour.

Would recommend a visit. My wife and I came to OZ for a week. Not long I know, but it was to see where we would live if I got the job and to have an interview. You wouldnt normally need a face to face interview.

Be careful who you choose to be your sponser. You will be committed to them for the duration (4yrs now I think). If you come over on a 457 visa (most common), which is temporary, it takes four yrs before you can apply for a permanent residency visa, then another 2 yrs (I think) to get citizenship. While on your 457 you are stuck with the same employer. It can be tedious if you dont get on. I was lucky as the agency in Perth got me and the family in on a 119 permanent visa. We only had to do 2 yrs then we applied to be citizens.

Thinking about, you need to talk to a friend of mine in Adelaide. Sandy runs such an agency and could help. Sandy comes from Ireland, and she and her husband run the business together. Sandy has helped me many times to get skilled workers into OZ for me. Her website is www.globaltradesearch.com.au . I would give her a call. If Sandy cant help I doubt anyone can.

Archived