who`s in sydney

Guest tomatohead

Guest jane99

Hi, Im Jane a single mum of a 12 year old boy. We are living in Canada Bay (Inner West). Been here for 6 months, loving it, but have been having the wobbles over Christmas and New Year! Trying to stay positive and would love to meet some new people. If anyone arranges anything that would be suitable to bring my son along I would love to meet up. Will look for the facebook group too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Im Jane a single mum of a 12 year old boy. We are living in Canada Bay (Inner West). Been here for 6 months, loving it, but have been having the wobbles over Christmas and New Year! Trying to stay positive and would love to meet some new people. If anyone arranges anything that would be suitable to bring my son along I would love to meet up. Will look for the facebook group too.

Hi Jane99, hope your Xmas was good, and the wobbles were ok without family. This is our last here, and we're off in 11 days, talk about manic. I'm doing it with hubby and 3 kids, so 4 boys with no idea and it's a nightmare. Good luck settling in, they say give it 2.5 years to see how it really goes. I find it's easier to be in a hot climate when you're an 'orphan'... don't they have orphans Xmas on Bondi or Manly beach? (o'seas people who party on the beach coz they aren't with family, so they get together for a big party)? Anyways, hope it was good for you.x

Guest jane99
Hi Jane99, hope your Xmas was good, and the wobbles were ok without family. This is our last here, and we're off in 11 days, talk about manic. I'm doing it with hubby and 3 kids, so 4 boys with no idea and it's a nightmare. Good luck settling in, they say give it 2.5 years to see how it really goes. I find it's easier to be in a hot climate when you're an 'orphan'... don't they have orphans Xmas on Bondi or Manly beach? (o'seas people who party on the beach coz they aren't with family, so they get together for a big party)? Anyways, hope it was good for you.x

Thanks Busimoll. I really dont envy you! Those last few days in the UK were extremely stressful, Good Luck. We werent alone for Christmas I have made friends with another English single Mum so we spent it on the beach together. I guess Christmas is a time usually spent with family that I moaned about before! I am starting to feel a little better now the festivities are over and have had a long think about the good things here. If you are coming to Sydney feel free to PM me if I can help with anything.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest thebexta
thats me tomatohead isnt my real name

I'm flubberbusted that tomatohead's not ure real name ... :D

How funny tho - I know another pommy Andy Carter - was (is?) a postie in Bmth, small freakin world hm? Shall go hunt for Opera house pic on FB. Am currently a stay-at-home mum with a not-sleeping-at-night baby so doubt I will make any social events anytime soon but maybe in a few years ;) Relatively happy browsing threads and having a good laugh at the comforting and familiar humour (not to mention references to blackbirds (miss them so much) and country lanes)

• 1 month later...
Guest jbsma

Hi, I'm living in Marrickville now (was previously in Parramatta). If anyone wanted to meet up in Sydney, I'd be up for that! Joanne

Guest nm123

Hey, we (boyfriend and I, 31 and 30 respectively) are living in Glebe and would be interested in meeting up with people. We've been here just over 5 weeks and really enjoying it so far, although missing having a social life!

Think I'm being thick but can't find the FB group - can someone send the link please?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest KerrieC

Hey, me (28) and the hubby (32) are based in Milsons Point if anyone is up for meeting up?

Kerrie

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KerrieC

Hey

So if anyone is interested I will be organising a meet up this Friday for anyone who is wanting to come. It will be in the Bar Europa on elizabeth street in the city the website is

Bar Europa

it is a basement bar that serves drinks as well as food and will keep us dry if the rain is still going on Friday. So anyone feel free to pop along, to recognise me on the night I have shoulder length blonde hair with a fringe. I wear glasses (black & white) and I will be probably have a stripped black & white top on with jeans.

I will be in there with a few friends from about 6pm onwards.

My number is 0420530068 so feel free to text me on the night if you are popping by.

Look forward to meeting anyone that comes....

Kerrie

P.S.

Just a few details about me so you know roughly who you are meeting - I am 28, been living in Sydney for the last 2 years with my hubby (32). I am originally from North London.

Hi All

Here is a question aimed at all of you in Sydney. Why did you choose to live where you are. Sell your suburb!!

My family and i are hoping to end up in Sydney in September 2011 and the variety of places is vast. Im not too phased about travel but my wife likes the quiter suburbs. Any suggestions.. Been looking at Parramatta and The Hills quite a bit..

Cheers

Guest supergirl

Hello there,

I'm about to move to Sydney in the end of July.

Going to work in North-Ryde. so probable will look for an apartment in the northern suburbs.

I'll be happy to get to know and meet new friends.

Cheers

Archived