who`s in sydney

Guest tomatohead

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Miss Moth

I have just moved to Newtown, I'm away in Melbourne at the moment but would like to meet up with some people when I get back mid Decemeber xxx

Guest tomatohead
I have just moved to Newtown, I'm away in Melbourne at the moment but would like to meet up with some people when I get back mid Decemeber xxx

hey miss moth im just round the corner in camperdown

cheers Tom

Guest timlea50

Just joined PomsinOZ - based in Rushcutters Bay.......if you guys are new to the area we have a group that does boxcercise in Rushcutters Bay every Saturday at 10am - followed by breakfast (social) - its a great way to start the w/e - and there are regulars who are poms - welsh, engilish and Scottish - but Aussies as well. Group ranges between 4-12 dependent upon weather and hangovers - and ages from 20's-50's but its a good regular thing we have done for the last 4 years. Laura is our trainer (South African - so it gets even more cosmopolitan) - and its usually $16 a session Be good to see you guys there ! Please PM for further details.

Regards

Tim Lea

Guest MandyJayne
Just joined PomsinOZ - based in Rushcutters Bay.......if you guys are new to the area we have a group that does boxcercise in Rushcutters Bay every Saturday at 10am - followed by breakfast (social) - its a great way to start the w/e - and there are regulars who are poms - welsh, engilish and Scottish - but Aussies as well. Group ranges between 4-12 dependent upon weather and hangovers - and ages from 20's-50's but its a good regular thing we have done for the last 4 years. Laura is our trainer (South African - so it gets even more cosmopolitan) - and its usually $16 a session Be good to see you guys there ! Please PM for further details.

Regards

Tim Lea

Hi, i live in Potts point and would love to come along but have to work most saturdays.

Gutted!

Guest tomatohead

hi and welcome to the thread , to all of you that have just joined we have started a facebook group " sydney social " it has 5 members currently and has a pic of the opera house as a profile pic im a member Andy Carter , feel free to join

cheers Tom

hiya, thought I'd pop in, since the Ark hasn't broken free and sailed the Mersey to Sydney Harbour already (so much bloomin rain!)

We're due to sail, I mean fly, around 20 Jan, still finalising the 'one way' flight... (terrifies me not booking 'return')... and would love to catch up, we'll be around the Upper North shore, Turramurra/ St Ives way.

hope you're all enjoying the sunshine...x

Guest rose4eva

hey im moving there feb...im from wales in the uk ...we should arrange a meet up/drinks!!! I will be living in Kingsford/Randwick area.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

We have been living in Kellyville for 2 months now, me, OH and 2 kids.

Hi all,

I'm moving to Sydney in April 2010. Just wondering how everyone is getting on out there? You enjoying it? Managed to find work? Settling in ok? Made new friends etc?

Would be interested to read how your getting on.

Happy New Year

Regards

Nicholas

Guest elaine.ciaran

Hello,

Myself and Ciarán are heading to Sydney in the new year. We're leaving Dublin on 23rd January, and really looking forward to it!

We'll probably head for somewhere close enough to the Eastern Suburbs, maybe Randwick although every house that I think looks nice on Domain is in Vaucluse and costs about $3million haha - slightly out of our budget!

Anyway, wherever we go it's all going to be a big adventure and I can't wait!!

Elaine

Hello,

Myself and Ciarán are heading to Sydney in the new year. We're leaving Dublin on 23rd January, and really looking forward to it!

We'll probably head for somewhere close enough to the Eastern Suburbs, maybe Randwick although every house that I think looks nice on Domain is in Vaucluse and costs about $3million haha - slightly out of our budget!

Anyway, wherever we go it's all going to be a big adventure and I can't wait!!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Can you only afford the $2 miilion houses ;-) ?

Do you have work lined up for when you arrive? What do you and you o/h do? You must be excited now, only 23 more days... Or potentially ****ting it ;-)

Nicholas

Guest elaine.ciaran

Yes $2million - if only!!!

No, we've nothing lined up at all but we've lived there before and don't have any kids or anything so we're really flexible on where to live. Ciaran's in IT & I'm in HR. He should be fine getting a job but I reckon I might find it a bit harder but we're hopeful that things will work out quick enough!!

We're VERY excited - living for it!

Yes $2million - if only!!!

No, we've nothing lined up at all but we've lived there before and don't have any kids or anything so we're really flexible on where to live. Ciaran's in IT & I'm in HR. He should be fine getting a job but I reckon I might find it a bit harder but we're hopeful that things will work out quick enough!!

We're VERY excited - living for it!

Ha, ha. Neither of us have been to Australia before, so this is definatelly and big plunge. Think Joanne wont have any worries getting a job, she's a radiographer and already has a few interested hospitals. Fingers crossed. I haven't a clue what i want to do, i run businesses over here, so maybe something along those lines over there.

Fortunatelly, we don't have kids, think it would be a nightmare to do it with them.

Where abouts you thinking of setting up? We were thinking of Balmain, but open to suggestions. Got a few mates there, so possibly end up near them.

How old are yu guys? we're 27 and 28.

Nick

Archived