owning a house or know well around Keilor East? please speak

Guest eastfigo

Guest eastfigo

Dear all,

found house price in Keilor East is still OK (still some nice 3drm house with land available within 550K) but have no idea about how the suburbs like.

really appreciate if you could comment on the neighorhood (and suburbs on the east and south of Keilor East please), shopping facilities, and if there are any industrial setting or public housing nearby.

am moving to Melbourne early 2010 so really need some help in identifying a nice suburb to buy a house in.

thanks heaps!

Bill

We have friends living in Keilor East.This is the area we are hoping to move if our visas ever arive.We are a family of 5 and would like to live in an area no bigger than a small town but with good transport,schools and shops nearby.Our friends have suggested places like Eynesbury,Melton and Werribee.Going out to check out these places in feb.Hope this is some help.Good luck

Hi

We live around that area and know it fairly well. Keilor East is near the airport and on the flight path I am sure, so you need to think about whether this will annoy you or not. Also very close to Western Ring road, which is good for road links, bus links are probably good but I do not think there are trams of a train station near by.

I do not have school age children so know nothing about the schools I am afraid.

Close to Keilor road which is good for eating out, some great cafes and restaurants, we have just driven down there on our way home and it was very busy. Keilor Park Drive has some great food shopping wholesale type places, a really good butcher, baker, fruit and veg and pasta places also other non food places. This is an industial area with other industrial areas not far away.

I love Keilor village, it had a real community feel, the shops were a good mix of local facilities and quait little gift shop. When we first looked at this area it seemed like an old persons suburb but when I shopped there recently there were quite a lot of young families around, it had a nice feel.

You tend to find that there are pockets that are good and others that are not so good. Airport West has some great little streets away from Matthews ave which is light industrial/retail, with a shopping mall including Cinema. Some streets are also walking distance to the trams which can be useful for going into the city or even Moonee Ponds. I also love Moonee Ponds for shopping and again nice cafes, Puckle Street in particular.

http://realestateview.com.au/propertydata/vic/keilor+east/index.html

I went here and then clicked for larger map, you can do street view which can be a good way to get a look at an area, don't forget it will probably be a couple of years old.

Hope this is helpful any questions, ask away.

Eynesbury is really nice I loved the 'feel' of it and the fact that it is going to be laid out with a very high percentage of green space BUT it is a long way from anywhere and is in it's early stages, so no large shops or school or doctors they start putting these in once the occupied houses are at the right number, they predict starting the community stuff in 2-3 years. I know they are running a bus service to Melton for schools, doctors etc and I was told the journey was about 15 min. The nearest train station that we could tell was Rockbank we drove down some very country roads to get there.

I quite like Melton too but again it is long way from the city a good 40 min to an hour drive I would think. Having said that Melton has everything you should need in the way of local services, Doc, Dentist etc

Went to Werribee for the first time last week end and found a great curry house LOL the town centre looked very nice, I have heard it is a good place to live.

there is a site called viclink Timetables - Metlink - Your guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria where you can put in a journey and see how long it would take and which transport is available, tram, train, bus.

Good luck with your journey to Oz :wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...

Very good area with three top class secondary schools--Overnewton Anglican, Essendon Keilor College and Pentleigh and Essendon Keilor Campus nearby. No industry setting or public housing in Keilor East as far as I know, just the jet sound is annoying at night occasionally. You can even feel it in Keilor Downs which is 6km west of it.

Archived