Indian Restaurants in the UK

Guest siamsusie

Guest siamsusie

Essex, didnt quite know where to reply to you regarding Indian Restaurants, did want to continue using Perth princess's thread. there is a wonderful restaurant near St. Georges Hospital

Sree Krishna at Tooting Bec

Southern Indian excellent vegetarian as well as meat

I used to go there weekly and extremely reasonable

the above is very popular with health personnel from the hospital being reasonable priced.

I also love Nepalese restaurantsNatraj

93 Charlotte Street

London W1P 1LB

Tel: 0171-637-0050,

wonderful food and again very reasonable.

I have to agree with you Essex, the UK is prob. the best for Indian food

Lahore Restaurant

2-4 Umberston St

E1

Thats excellent as well Essex, I often go there when I am in London, spotlessly clean no decor at all, a sink to wash your hands in the restaurant and you sit down at scrubbed tables. Excellent curries and when you go to pay they say "give us what you think it is worth"! & BYO from the offie around the corner.:wubclub:

Essex, didnt quite know where to reply to you regarding Indian Restaurants, did want to continue using Perth princess's thread. there is a wonderful restaurant near St. Georges Hospital

Sree Krishna at Tooting Bec

Southern Indian excellent vegetarian as well as meat

I used to go there weekly and extremely reasonable

the above is very popular with health personnel from the hospital being reasonable priced.

I also love Nepalese restaurantsNatraj

93 Charlotte Street

London W1P 1LB

Tel: 0171-637-0050,

wonderful food and again very reasonable.

I have to agree with you Essex, the UK is prob. the best for Indian food

Lahore Restaurant

2-4 Umberston St

E1

Thats excellent as well Essex, I often go there when I am in London, spotlessly clean no decor at all, a sink to wash your hands in the restaurant and you sit down at scrubbed tables. Excellent curries and when you go to pay they say "give us what you think it is worth"! & BYO from the offie around the corner.:wubclub:

I think the best I have had in UK was in Woodford. Even thoe I say Bangladeshi is better than Indian I had a great Meal at a South Indian resturant in Brightlingsea, Essex.

Kerela Southern India has to be the best. Never immagined a fish curry could be so good. Fish was alway fresh and the Prawns made my todger look small.

Breakfast , lunch and dinner.

Guest siamsusie
I think the best I have had in UK was in Woodford. Even thoe I say Bangladeshi is better than Indian I had a great Meal at a South Indian resturant in Brightlingsea, Essex.

Kerela Southern India has to be the best. Never immagined a fish curry could be so good. Fish was alway fresh and the Prawns made my todger look small.

Breakfast , lunch and dinner.

Oh goodness Essex:daydreaming: anyway, we agree about the food aspect! Kerela curries sitting on the beach in Kerela and such lovely people as well....but:laugh: no comment on the other xx

Oh goodness Essex:daydreaming: anyway, we agree about the food aspect! Kerela curries sitting on the beach in Kerela and such lovely people as well....but:laugh: no comment on the other xx

I just love well cooked food that is presented well what ever it maybe.

X

Guest proud2beaussie

Billy Connolly used to do a very funny joke about Indo/Pakistani restaurants in Glasgow,very funny if you can get hold of it,I've got it on cassette and listen to it a lot -hilarious.

(Sorry to go off track Susie)

Guest siamsusie

Akhbars at Bradford and rotherham are good , the one at rotherham was decent although you need a torch to read the menu lol(they do provide them) cooked by asians must be as they were done for employin illegals lol
:cute:I most sincerely hope they werent Australian overstayers mally:mad: ss xx

Guest siamsusie

No the guys were asians , what i like you knew the food was good as a lot of asians ate there
yes agree there Mally, I also eat where the black cabbies eat, thats recommendation enough:wubclub:

As much as I wanted to find a decent Indian in Aus, I've gone off em since I have been back. maybe had 3 or 4 since. But suppose thats saying "not really had a decent one since I've been back.

Can't wait to go back to South India then I'll get the taste again I'm sure.

• 3 months later...
Guest siamsusie
YAY south indian food. I love it!

You are making my mouth water here, love South Indian food.... might have to do a curry this evening:wubclub:

Guest somsy77

Lol. YAY ! My OH was anxious abt eating S indian food, as I always told him it tastes nothing like the indian food you get in most london indian (n indian/bangla). He loves it now :)

Guest somsy77

Lol. YAY was just me jumping up and down and waving my hands in the air screaming 'yaaaaaaaaayy' @ seeing south indian food being appreciated :) [ The screaming and jumping was only in my head, of course, or I'd be dropping the laptop onto the floor ]

Archived