Form 80 - advice

Weasie

This is my first post - so please go gentle on me :wink:

I am applying for a 309/100 spouse visa and have been asked to provide a form 80. It asks you to list all the times you have visited countries outside Oz in the last 10 years. I have so many, with business and holidays and no records that this will end up being a best guess. Any suggestions?

Guest guest33730
This is my first post - so please go gentle on me :wink:

I am applying for a 309/100 spouse visa and have been asked to provide a form 80. It asks you to list all the times you have visited countries outside Oz in the last 10 years. I have so many, with business and holidays and no records that this will end up being a best guess. Any suggestions?

Welcome weasie,

Don't worry about it too much, form 80 is mainly a repeat of other questions you will have answered in your application. My agent (who used to work for immigration) informed me that the question you are referring to is to make sure you haven't lived somewhere else for 10yrs and thus need a police check from that country. Check your memory and passport, put it down and then don't worry about it!!

Daniel

Guest VickyMel

I saw one of the agents post on here to a similar question that one of his clients had to list 5 passports worth of business trips and that it did have to be completed?

But don't really know for sure?

I had a long list but luckily the majority were in my passport.

I listed the ones in my passport but I said in the notes section that my family had a holiday home in Spain and we had been there every summer during certain months for 10 years and that seemed fine! The one that got me was listing all passports but I have the answer if you need it, won't post otherwise as its v long!

I remember reading that you can write to each country you have visited to request dates for each occasion you visited but I can't remember exactly what the term is. I managed to find the dates for all bar 2 of my trips abroad which I took in 2001. I ended up writing "approx July 2001" and put the city and country into the box beside the date. It wasn't queried so I guess it must have been okay!

I phoned up Australia house this afternoon as there seemed to be conflicting advice out there. They said just be honest about as much as you can - it was really only to see if you needed a police check for any other country (because had lived there > 12 months).

Thanks for all posts

• 1 year later...
Guest sweettooth

the form says has anyone had any convictions or is guilty of an offence..

:chatterbox::chatterbox:..do you still have to put it down if it was in the childrens court under 16 and the conviction was not recorded...help

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest31881
the form says has anyone had any convictions or is guilty of an offence..

:chatterbox::chatterbox:..do you still have to put it down if it was in the childrens court under 16 and the conviction was not recorded...help

Declare everything and just explain what happened, it is better to declare and find its not showing than to not declare it and then try and explain why you did not mention the offense It should not effect your application, just be honest and explain things.

Archived