Looking for a top agent.....

woody123

Guest Gollywobbler
I completely feel the pain of having a bad migration agent. I went with a company and they were total rubbish. It started when they sent me the contract, it was the wrong one, once I had paid I heard nothing from them. They gave me incorrect advice regarding visas and said that I would not lose any visa points when I went over 35, and then I lost 5 points. They lost my degree and birth certificate, they forgot to upload documentation with my visa application. I even met up with the MD of the company to discuss the problems, nothing changed.

To be honest I should have known better, they have google add words on their website. If they are a good company why would you need revenue from google add words. Lesson to us all.

Make sure you agent, make sure the person doing the application paper work is MARA registered and stay on top of the case. Keep copies of your documentation, visit the office and have a face to face meeting if you feel concerned. Thankfully I am now in Australia, the agents didn’t really help.

Hello Nicole

What is the point of repeatedly reviving ancient threads for the sole purpose of promoting your own wares upon them? The only result is that all the Moderators and Site Admin are following you around like bloodhounds, removing every vestige of self-advertisement from your posts. You will be banned from Poms in Oz if you keep this up and all of the posts that you have made on Poms in Oz will be deleted, rendering your promotion of your new website and whatever other wares you might be trying to sell a complete waste of your time.

I advise you to drop the bone of trying to use Poms in Oz as a vehicle via which to try to sell your own wares to the world because doing that is the shortcut to obtaining a permanent ban from Poms in Oz. :policeman:

Cheers

Gill

I used True Blue Migration (Vic O'Neill and Maryanne) - had given up as I had been told by several others it wasn't possible but they managed to wing me some state sponsorship , an IELTS etc and I scrapped us through. I think they did pretty well and are still attentive several years later when I have questions on visa and residency stuff.

I promise I am impartial!!!

Guest Gollywobbler
Thank goodness my initials are G I !

Hello Grahame

Welcome to Poms in Oz. I've heard your name several times, and the name of your company, but unfortunately I can't remember what the latter is called.

We ask that all Registered Migration Agents should please set up an auto-signature, limited to 2 or 3 lines only. We ask that the RMA should put his/her real name in the auto-signature, his/her MARN and if you want to add a link to your website, that is fine with us.

If you want to add an e-mail address then I'd suggest joe.bloggs[at]bloggs.co.uk or whatever it is. If you put @ instead of the square brackets, apparently it encourages internet creatures called Spambots. These things "harvest" e-mail addresses and send tons of spam to the person concerned, I am told. I am told that using [at] defeats the Spambots although it does not create an instant e-mail link either. If you are confident that you have enough anti-Spam devices on your e-mails, then no problem with us if you put your proper e-mail address but please don't whinge at Poms in Oz if you are attacked by Spambots!

If you click on Migration Issues and look towards the top of your screen, there is a sub-section called Agents Information. Only known migration agents, the moderators and site admin have the necessary permissions to do anything in the sub-section. I have contacted Rob (Site Admin) on your behalf, asking him to do whatever is necessary to your account in order to enable you to post in the Agents Information sub-forum if you wish.

It is worth having a glance at that sub-forum just to see how the other agents have set up their auto-signatures.

How do you set up an auto-signature? Good question! Please look towards the top left of your screen and you will see "User CP" which is your user control panel. Please click on that. A menu appears and one of the options says "edit signature." Please go into that bit and set up the auto-signature as you want it to be. The only thing that we insist on is your real name (a bit superfluous in your own case because it is also your user name but you might want to put "Grahame Igglesden - Managing Director" or something like that.) We also insist that you put your MARN, please, so that our readers can be sure that you are MARA registered.

Many thanks :notworthy:

Gill

Guest pablomorphy

Those of us who are in the U.S..... any good agent here, or we can probably hire a great agent from the U.K. or based in Australia? Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Archived