Pommie banking - the economy

bunbury61

Talking to a Bank Manager for one of the big UK Banks last night .

They are currently PASSING 85% OF LOAN REQUESTS.

There particular bank has £9 billion .....YES 9 BILLION TO PLAY WITH, and as quick as they loan some out. the money is being paid back from other sources.

The UK has suddendly gone " risk averse".......people are paying back what they owe.

I think they are calling this " the time of austerity".

Talking to a Bank Manager for one of the big UK Banks last night .

They are currently PASSING 85% OF LOAN REQUESTS.

There particular bank has £9 billion .....YES 9 BILLION TO PLAY WITH, and as quick as they loan some out. the money is being paid back from other sources.

The UK has suddendly gone " risk averse".......people are paying back what they owe.

I think they are calling this " the time of austerity".

Well he would say that wouldnt he? how come the government is thinking of telling them they HAVE to start lending then?:wideeyed:

Well he would say that wouldnt he? how come the government is thinking of telling them they HAVE to start lending then?:wideeyed:

This is a bloke i know ,in the pub chatting over a pint ......NOT SOME PIN STRIPE SUITED KNOBHEAD ,with some propaganda LOL

This is a bloke i know ,in the pub chatting over a pint ......NOT SOME PIN STRIPE SUITED KNOBHEAD ,with some propaganda LOL

Like i said 61..............how come the government is thinking of applying pressure to make the banks START loaning money if they are already dishing them out then?LOL

I am an Aussie citizen (born in the UK, but lived in Oz for more than 20 years) came back here to escape a lousy divorce over 11 years ago. I have been living and running a business in the UK for about 10 years now - and let me tell you - banks ain't lending much at all!!

We have worked very hard and had aquired quite a few properties over the years. This year we have sold all and have taken a hell of a hit, as only those with cash, or very low loan to debt ratio are being accepted for loans.

It has taken nearly a year and a £35,000 reduction to sell the house (the last property to sell) so I can go home to Oz and take my gorgeous "pommie" hubby with me. Now I have to wait out the low exchange rate to enable me to go home.

Well, good luck to those who want to be here, for me Oz is where it's at!

Have fun everyone,

Sharon

Archived