QLD Health Pay Scales

mr luvpants

Guest guest30038
Is it fair that nurses have to work shifts and weekends in order to bring home a decent wage?

No, particularly when you look at Wardies (no training or study) pay scales..............on a par with 1st year RN's.

kev

Guest guest17301
No, particularly when you look at Wardies (no training or study) pay scales..............on a par with 1st year RN's.

kev

P***take:arghh:

Is it fair that nurses have to work shifts and weekends in order to bring home a decent wage?

Both my mother and mother in law are nurses in the UK,they both have to work nights and weekends to make a decent wage.

My mother in law has been working agency shifts(HDU) to pay for her visit to us 5th Nov.

Most of the nursing staff they work with feel they have to work these extra shifts just to make ends meet.

Mother works RDandE Heavitree in Exeter,Devon.

Mother in law Arrowe Park in Liverpool

No it is not fair that they have to work these extra shifts but they both say that nursing chose them.They are both in their late 60s

Guest guest17301

And that is the reason that nurses put up with it Janine, most of us cannot contemplate another career as we truly love to nurse. Trite but true. And respective governments treat us like crap. The level of responsibilty and professionalism expected from all including junior nurses demands a fair wage...basic nursing pay is not a fair wage IMO. Every few years we spit the dummy and they roll out a 'new pay deal' that realistically just follows inflation so we never actually get ahead...

Guest guest30038
Both my mother and mother in law are nurses in the UK,they both have to work nights and weekends to make a decent wage.

My mother in law has been working agency shifts(HDU) to pay for her visit to us 5th Nov.

Most of the nursing staff they work with feel they have to work these extra shifts just to make ends meet.

Mother works RDandE Heavitree in Exeter,Devon.

Mother in law Arrowe Park in Liverpool

No it is not fair that they have to work these extra shifts but they both say that nursing chose them.They are both in their late 60s

Tell me about it Janine :arghh: My o/h won't give up the shifts, although the kids and I have pleaded with her. She could have been a NUM or working full-time in the education dep't yonks ago but she loves the "hands on" stuff..........ward work and the relationship with patients and rellies. That is nursing as far as she's concerned I tell her that the kids will be grown up and she'll wonder how she never saw 'em growing. Even when she's on an early she's spark out on the sofa as soon as she's had dinner. Still, it makes her happy and whatever makes her happy is good enough for me and the kids. (I think?) :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038
Lol, not you mate-the system!

Phew! Thank God! Wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you, ya bugger! :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest17301

And on that note I'm off to work a late shift, won't see my kids/husband properly now till Saturday afternoon. It's a hard life, lol, but one I've chosen:eek:

Guest guest30038
I know where you are coming from. I did 2 nights and then Mrs Luvpants went straight on 3 nights. I NEED SOME LUVVIN!

JOHN

Afternoon matinees are good :Randy-git::biglaugh:

kev

• 1 month later...

Archived