Tra or vetasses, Hairdressing

miguelrg

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know which is better to get assessed as vetassess don't have trade tests as such, also the difference in prices?

I am also considering TRA pathway c i think, 5 years informal apprenticeship except i don't know if i have strong enough case, here is my work history and let me know what you think

College 2004- 8 months of 1 day in college doing 9 hours starting my course in barbering

College 2006 - 1 year completing my barbering qualification 1 day in college 9 hours

Formal training - working as an apprentice for 5 months in 2004 training everyday with cuts, colours, blow drys in a unisex salon taking my hours way over 1500 training

Work 2005 - late 2007

2 1/2 years in **** Men's hairdressing - job role - hairdresser, assistant manager - manager - educator to apprentices

work late 2007 - early 2008 mark powells men's hair - job role stylist - cutting colouring shaves blow drys

work 2008 - april - october - a sydney salon as a stylist all aspects of hairdressing

late 2008 - early 2009- manager of a men;s hairdressers

June 2009 - present - barber/stylist/shaver at one of londons tops salons

I can get references and written confirmation for all my work but do you think this is a strong enough case and who should i go to?

Do you think i should get my trades assessed for pathway e as its really expensive?

Any help appreciated, sorry if it's a bit scattered

Miguel

hi,ive just done mine thru tra with the help of an agent as mine was a bit like yours, they want proofof either an apprentiship or work experience, i would also try to hava a free consultation with some agents as well as post this on the hairdressing thread theres bound to be someone on there that could help you more

jools x

Archived