moving back to uk removal costs

Guest davyone1

Guest davyone1

It lookes as if we may have to move back to the uk. and was just wondering if any body could give us an idea of shipping costs back to uk for a 40ft container.

Thanks Dave and Julie

Guest sooveroz
I have been quoted from $5k to $7k for a shared 20ft container if that's anything to go by.... apparently fierce competition so get some quotes and then play one against the other I've found!

agreed - dont ever accept the first quote - shop around and barter. we paid about 5 and a half thousand for a 20 foot. we had cheaper quotes but to be honest, one or two of the reps didnt seem to know what they were talking about. we ended up going with the company whose guy seemed to know the rules/customs the best. check with them if you will get charged if for some reason the ship can't dock and has to sit at sea for a few days extra - some pass this charge on to the customer, some don't.

stuff is now back in UK but we are not there yet so havent unpacked it but at least it arrived when it was supposed to.

Guest LondonGal
agreed - dont ever accept the first quote - shop around and barter. we paid about 5 and a half thousand for a 20 foot. we had cheaper quotes but to be honest, one or two of the reps didnt seem to know what they were talking about. we ended up going with the company whose guy seemed to know the rules/customs the best. check with them if you will get charged if for some reason the ship can't dock and has to sit at sea for a few days extra - some pass this charge on to the customer, some don't.

stuff is now back in UK but we are not there yet so havent unpacked it but at least it arrived when it was supposed to.

That was a good price sooveroz, who did you use?

That is a good quote, I would be interested to know who was aswell, we have been quoted around $8000 by about 4 different companies. I am hoping nearer the time I can barter them down. Up to now Wridgeways seem to have been the best at knowing what they are doing. Their rep rang me and we discussed everything a great length where as the other just emailed a basic quote.

Wridgeways was our forwarder once we got here and they were pretty good.:biggrin:

Hi sooveroz, i toooo would like to know what company you went with, we have been quoted $7400 (movements international) and $7200 from Grace from Brisbane- UK also we have chosen a company called Letton & Percival who are a liverpool based company who will insure the contents of the container up to a value of 20,000 POUNDS for a cost of 300 POUNDS which is 1.6%, whereas other companies are 3.5%.

But your price of $5,500 is great was that for a full 20ft container???????/

Cheers

Possie:biggrin:

Archived