Completing form 40SP

Zoks

Hi all,

My wife and I are currently living together in the UK. I'm British and she's Australian. We've been looking over form 40SP. There is a section asking for her address. It asks the question as if she is in Australia and I'm not with her. It seems to suggest that for her to sponsor me she has to have somewhere I can move into in Australia. At the moment we live together in the UK. We do plan to move to Australia at some point but in the meantime I though I should apply for my spouse visa as soon as possible.

My question to you is : Is it possible for me to apply and receive my spouse visa whilst we are both living in the UK with no address to speak of as yet in Australia? If so, how should my wife complete the form 40SP? She doesn't have an Australian home for us to move into.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Zoks,

Yes it is possible to apply and receive your visa grant whilst you are both living in the UK.

Are you looking at question 29? Just pop in a note to explain what you intend to do once you have been granted the visa aka move to Australia, find work and somewhere to live. If you plan to initially stay with relatives in Aust, you could put down their address. Basically they just want to know where you intend to live and how you will be supported financially.

Best of luck :smile:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Zoks, why not just give a relatives address in Australia enclosing a note to explain that she is with you in the UK.

Very best wishes with your Visa and your future life together in Australia ssx

Archived