Visa Info

DaveAnClaire

Hi all,

Just after some info on visas, We started the process about 12 months ago with 4 corners but they went bust so have been trying to have a go ourselves but with 2 young kids and jobs there never seems enough time. What we want to know is can we go out on a 12/24 month working visa and apply for permanant visa whilst there.

Cheers Dave

Guest proud2beaussie

Maybe the OP means a WHV with the chance of applying for a 2nd visa? But looking at the members profile it seems that they are 30 years old so would need to get a move on of that is what they mean!

I guess they will post again and hopefully clarify what they are asking.

Hi guys, sorry I wasn't clearer, ok I will start again we have been thinking bout oz for a long time now an started the process with 4 corners but they went bust an we lost a bit of money in the process now im thinking, I know there is a 12 month working visa (thought there might have been a 2 year visa too, but maybe not) and was thinking of going out there on a 12 month working visa (with wife an my 2 boys) and whilst there apply for a permanent visa, would this be possible.

By the way im a floor finisher which is on the demand list and points wise I think we got 125 and were looking at Perth too, any info back would be great

Cheers Dave

Hi guys, sorry I wasn't clearer, ok I will start again we have been thinking bout oz for a long time now an started the process with 4 corners but they went bust an we lost a bit of money in the process now im thinking, I know there is a 12 month working visa (thought there might have been a 2 year visa too, but maybe not) and was thinking of going out there on a 12 month working visa (with wife an my 2 boys) and whilst there apply for a permanent visa, would this be possible.

By the way im a floor finisher which is on the demand list and points wise I think we got 125 and were looking at Perth too, any info back would be great

Cheers Dave

Hello Dave,

There is a 12 month Working Holiday Visa but as you have dependants I'm afraid this is not an option for you. The other short term 'working visa' is a SC457 but for this you need an Australian employer willing to sponsor you. There are also other drawbacks with a SC457 especially with a family because if you lose your sponsor for whatever reason you need to find another sponsor or you are required to apply for another 'substantive visa' or leave the country.

I would suggest getting a GSM visa in the system in case Floor Finisher is removed from the MODL and then reviewing your other options from there.

Feel free to contact me if you need further advice.

Regards

Archived