Help please converting from a 457 to 175

krissyazz

Hi all,

I started work 4 months ago under the impression after 3 months and a positive appraisal work would sponser me for pr. Today when i went with my documents to hr they told me the rules had changed last month and if i havent got anything in writing (i havent) i will have to wait for 24 months before i can apply! so i am looking into going alone but have a few questions:

On the immigration site under the 175 visa it says that there are 2 payments, but under the second payment it says it is for applicants who have dependents over 18 (which i havent) so am i to just pay the one fee?

Is the 175 the best visa to get as all the other visas for people in australia are for students? I meet the points criteria ect....:twitcy:

any advice appriciated

kris

x

Hi all,

I started work 4 months ago under the impression after 3 months and a positive appraisal work would sponser me for pr. Today when i went with my documents to hr they told me the rules had changed last month and if i havent got anything in writing (i havent) i will have to wait for 24 months before i can apply! so i am looking into going alone but have a few questions:

On the immigration site under the 175 visa it says that there are 2 payments, but under the second payment it says it is for applicants who have dependents over 18 (which i havent) so am i to just pay the one fee?

Is the 175 the best visa to get as all the other visas for people in australia are for students? I meet the points criteria ect....:twitcy:

any advice appriciated

kris

x

Hello Kris,

Applying for a SC175 while on a SC457 is quite a common strategy. The 2nd VAC payment is only for those over 18 without good English language skills. If possible a SC176 might be a better option as it should be processed more quickly than a SC175. If your occupation is on the CSL even better.

Feel free to contact me if you need further advice.

Regards

Archived