Question for Gill or any others re temp visa for over 50s!

Dawn75

Hi- just trying to find out if there are any temp/perm visas that a 52 yr old man could apply for to live in Perth ?

Hes a self employed builder here in UK and has funds to support himself for a certain amount of time. He is a close friend of our family and is coming over on a tourist visa when me,OH and kids move in June but is fed up here in UK and has no ties now his kids are grown up and so was wanting to find out if there is a visa which allows him to stay longer in Oz ?

I have suggested he may need to call Go Matilda for advice.:smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dawn

"Builder" is too vague, I suspect. He really needs to be able to name a specific construction skill if possiible - eg bricklayer, plasterer, carpenter or similar. Ideally it needs to be a skill on the SOL and he needs to be able to prove that this is how he has been making his living.

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

His best interests, by miles, would be served by being able to get a positive skills assessment for the occupation concerned.

He would need an employer sponsored visa, probably a subclass 457 to start with and then one of the PR visas. This would not be easy but if he makes the right impression, who knows?

Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

He should also consider whether he might be eligible for a Business Skills Visa:

Workers - Visas & Immigration

He needs to click on Business People. The link is refusing to open for me.

Cheers

Gill

Archived