time difference

graham  and trudy

Guest koala12

Well I always suffer badly with jet lag but once I'm over that you soon adjust to the different time and don't even notice it after a while. I think everyone copes with it differently.

Hi all,

I beleive jetlag is what you make it. We left London at around 9pm Thursday and arrived in Sydney at around 11am Saturday spending 6 hours in Shanghai airport cos costoms won't let you out if you've got a connecting flight on the same day.

After we got the car etc, the kids crashed out and me and wife went for a walk. Got back wife crashed out, I went for another walk (2hrs). Got back woke them all up, had tea, beers, card games etc, went to bed at midnight, up at 7 ready for the full day ahead!

Never suffered coming back either. Prehaps I'm just too tight with my time and want to fit everything in all at once, although only ever getting 5-7 hours max per night might have something to do with it.

My advice. Stay up, go to bed at your usual time for the uk (ie 11pm) and get up at your usual time. you may be a little tired in the morning, but you'll soon get over it.

Regards

The Tuckers:SLEEP: :wideeyed:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Both times we have landed around 7am brisbane time and stayed up but had an early night ,this has worked well for all of us and noone has has any signs of jet lag ,,

Cal x

Same here! No jet lag for us! I didnt have time - i was working my new job on the next day!

Guest newnico

I reckon it's mainly mind over matter, just don't give in to it too much. Try and stay up the first day there until you can reasonably have an "early night" by local standards. The other thing to remember is that part of it may be jet-lag but part of it is also lack of sleep because of the journey, so the more you can sleep on the plane ( I took travel sickness pills on my last long flight because I felt dodgy and I zonked right out with those) the better. I know that's hard with kids, though, but if you can doze while they're asleep it will help a lot.

Archived