anyone wanna rent their house out Lydiate/Maghull Liverpool

possie in brissy

Hi Guys!!!!

Just wandering if anyone is migrating to Oz and wants to rent their house out in the Maghull/Lydiate area of Liverpool!!!!

We have been here 4 and a bit years and we are heading back in March 2010, we have the kids placed in schools in this area, but obviously cannot buy straight away, therefore we will need to rent!!!!

Probably a long shot, but worth a try!!!!

Thanks

Possie:wink:

I will watch with interest as i would like a house in Harrogate so if anyone is interested in renting theirs out i am needing 3 bed house for around the beginning of October!!

Maybe i should start own thread!

Thanks Georgie!!!!

Are you heading home too????

Which part of Brissy do ya live??????

See ya started your own thread "good Luck with that" I think it so much more complicated to go back than to actually migrate!!!!:biggrin:

Possie you are so right! It isnt as scary because we have people to help us but it sure is a complicated mission.

We are in Narangba on the North side and we leave on the 28th Sept. We have 2 nights booked in a hotel in Ascot before we leave so will spend the last 2 days on Southbank and visit Fortitude Valley etc.

Been in Brisbane 11 months and before that melbourne for just over 2 years. Think we would have lasted longer if we had stayed in Melbourne as Brisbane just doesnt do it for us at all. We would have still headed home but maybe left it another couple of years.

We have a dog to sort out as well and then you have to think about the kids schooling again. We really dont want to rent then have to move schools if we buy a house but we may have to. we are heading to Harrogate as thats where family is but we like the idea of living in York eventually.

Anyway i dont think i will have much luck with getting a house on this forum but was worth a try. Good luck to you too. Whats your story?

Possie you are so right! It isnt as scary because we have people to help us but it sure is a complicated mission.

We are in Narangba on the North side and we leave on the 28th Sept. We have 2 nights booked in a hotel in Ascot before we leave so will spend the last 2 days on Southbank and visit Fortitude Valley etc.

Been in Brisbane 11 months and before that melbourne for just over 2 years. Think we would have lasted longer if we had stayed in Melbourne as Brisbane just doesnt do it for us at all. We would have still headed home but maybe left it another couple of years.

We have a dog to sort out as well and then you have to think about the kids schooling again. We really dont want to rent then have to move schools if we buy a house but we may have to. we are heading to Harrogate as thats where family is but we like the idea of living in York eventually.

Anyway i dont think i will have much luck with getting a house on this forum but was worth a try. Good luck to you too. Whats your story?

Hi Georgie,

Thanks for your reply!!!

My story is similar really we are heading back in March 2010 (would of been earlier but we have visitors for xmas) we live not far from you guys (Northlakes) we actually looked at Narangba, but as you say tho nothing is "floating our boat" anymore, you can definetly have too much of a good thing with weather and beaches, ect. But i just think what is the point in having all this when all you do is work in the heat (Oh is a tradie working outside, and i work in Catering) No aircon 4 us 2!!!!!

We loved it for maybe the first 3 yrs (with bouts of homesickness) then we went back in Sept 08 and spent loadsa time with our families and when we come back we looked at the equation Australia V Family and family won fair and square. So our decision was then made and we sold our house, went into a rental and started arranging our container, we have 2 beagle dogs (needing injections, blood test, 6 months quarantine thing !!!!ect ect) so they will be ready too fly back!!!!!!

We do not regret a single thing and it has been hard financially and emotionally but "No regrets" life has been good to us, giving us these opportunities, however we know Australia will always be here but our family wont!!!

Good luck with your new adventure I sincerely hope you have gained some good memories and had some good times here, we know we have, but the timing is wrong for us Kids aged 7&11 (came out here 15 months & 7) they need to find out what its like to have a supportive family network and me and OH need agood night on the P*ss LOL

Take care and good luck with everything Homeward Bound. "Home is were the Heart is":daydreaming:

Possie

Possie I agree with everything you said about family over Australia. We had that conversation the other day and we agreed that we WOULD have stayed here if everyone we knew lived here too but that is Melbourne NOT Brisbane. I have fond memories of Melbourne and will miss it and maybe (just maybe) come back one day!

Bring on the drizzle, miserable faces, traffic jams and the blue rinse brigade- oh and we may just get a night out on the p**s too (long overdue)!!:jiggy:

Had to edit it as i assumed that it would automatically do it for me

Archived