how to make the perfect British sausage

tracy123

Guest pommiechap

that looks like a great recipe, i'll try that at the weekend. hopefully they'll be as good as those chaps who sell the english sausages at the farmers markets at Croydon

Thanks Geoffrey but i would have to forfeit internet time to squeeze sausage making in,lol, will stick to the pommy shop for now,lol

Cal x

Sorry is Cal short for Calvin???????

I thought all woman could multi task......... Do we have an imposter???? :skeptical:

Guest Working to fish

I bet that cos your oussie and ate ozz sausage, in your upbringing ,you must be over the moon eating British sausages.

:yes:

Sorry is Cal short for Calvin???????

I thought all woman could multi task......... Do we have an imposter???? :skeptical:

Ha Ha , Clever arse

For your information i do multi task, i can sit and read the computer with a ciggy in one hand and a can of coke in the other ,lol, :tongue:

Cal x

I bet that cos your oussie and ate ozz sausage, in your upbringing ,you must be over the moon eating British sausages.

:yes:

Not a fan of the English sausage....

I always treated sausages as something you throw on the BBQ not as a main meal......

Cant beat a buttered crusty roll, a bbq cooked sausage some onions and a lashing of dead horse.

Ha Ha , Clever arse

For your information i do multi task, i can sit and read the computer with a ciggy in one hand and a can of bundy & coke in the other ,lol, :tongue:

Cal x

Just thought i'd correct your post. :tongue: back at ya Calvin......

Guest guest30038

Cant beat a buttered crusty roll,

Why the bloody hell do they not butter their rolls at sausage sizzles and why do they put 'em diagonal on a slice of bread so the half the bread has bugger all on it?

Oz sausages are the bees knees, but their presentation leaves a lot to be desired! :wink::biglaugh:

kev

Guest ShaznDaz
Why the bloody hell do they not butter their rolls at sausage sizzles and why do they put 'em diagonal on a slice of bread so the half the bread has bugger all on it?

Oz sausages are the bees knees, but their presentation leaves a lot to be desired! :wink::biglaugh:

kev

Aussie sausages is full of emu balls. The Balfours pie is apparently fantastic because it has 7.5% beef in it.

Guest guest30038
Aussie sausages is full of emu balls. The Balfours pie is apparently fantastic because it has 7.5% beef in it.

Come on mate..........play fair............don't tell porkies.......they're cassowary balls :biglaugh:

kev

Well you two must be buying the cheap sausages and thats the problem spend some money and get the top shelf sausages made out of bush oysters.....

Ingredients for Australian Bush Oysters

12 Kangaroo Testicles

1 cup Flour

1/4 cup Cornmeal

1 cup Red Wine (make sure it's Australian!)

1/2 cup Milk

1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder

1 teaspoon Salt 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar 1 pinch Black Pepper

Method for making Australian Bush Oysters

Remove sinew and membranes from testicles. Place into a bowl and cover with water and salt for about an hour to remove the blood. Add the testies into a large pot with water to cover (they should float). Add vinegar to water. Parboil then drain and rinse. Cut each testie into 1/4 inch think slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Mix flour, cornmeal and garlic powder. Roll each slice through the mixture. Dip into milk, then dip into dry mixture again. Dip into red wine. Repeat as often as you like for a thick crust. Drop into hot cooking oil. Remove once golden brown. Don't cook for too long.

Guest guest30038
Well you two must be buying the cheap sausages and thats the problem spend some money and get the top shelf sausages made out of bush oysters.....

Ingredients for Australian Bush Oysters

12 Kangaroo Testicles

1 cup Flour

1/4 cup Cornmeal

1 cup Red Wine (make sure it's Australian!)

1/2 cup Milk

1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder

1 teaspoon Salt 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar 1 pinch Black Pepper

Method for making Australian Bush Oysters

Remove sinew and membranes from testicles. Place into a bowl and cover with water and salt for about an hour to remove the blood. Add the testies into a large pot with water to cover (they should float). Add vinegar to water. Parboil then drain and rinse. Cut each testie into 1/4 inch think slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Mix flour, cornmeal and garlic powder. Roll each slice through the mixture. Dip into milk, then dip into dry mixture again. Dip into red wine. Repeat as often as you like for a thick crust. Drop into hot cooking oil. Remove once golden brown. Don't cook for too long.

Yummy! :jiggy:That's just reminded me of another thing I miss about the UK.............you can't get lamb's fries or sweet breads here. First time I asked for lambs fries here, they brought out the bloody liver!

kev

Archived